• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Coaching interview updates

Mr. Scot

If my list is correct, the Panthers will have interviewed each candidate they requested to speak to after Payton and Moore interview…well, except for Ryans, but not sure if they will wait for him or not. I’m not counting the ones who dropped out, like Johnson. 

1 hour ago, Wolfcop said:

If my list is correct, the Panthers will have interviewed each candidate they requested to speak to after Payton and Moore interview…well, except for Ryans, but not sure if they will wait for him or not. I’m not counting the ones who dropped out, like Johnson. 

I feel like Ryan’s is the candidate Houston wants, I think he may be going there.

• Pie 1

15 minutes ago, Prowler2k18 said:

I think Ryans has at least earned a virtual interview with us after his unit’s performance.

Ryans interviewed with Denver and Houston yesterday and cancelled the following two interviews to "prepare for [today's] games" which basically means he's taking one of those two jobs.

2 minutes ago, Jesse said:

Ryans interviewed with Denver and Houston yesterday and cancelled the following two interviews to "prepare for [today's] games" which basically means he's taking one of those two jobs.

If you go on the Houston forums they really like Ryan’s, he played there. John McClain of the Houston Chronicle is the most respected writer in Houston. He says the Texans have DeMeco Ryan’s on speed dial. Ryan’s was a linebacker for Houston from 2006-2011.

• Pie 1

Anyone know the rules in regards to a second interview with Steichen this week and/or weeks leading into the SB if they make it?

He's really the only realistic candidate left that I actually want (my top 3 was Harbaugh, Ryans, or Quinn with a second level down of Johnson and Steichen), so I'm really hoping we're allowed to do a second with him sooner than later as I get the feeling Tepper isn't going to want to sit around and wait 3 more weeks to make a hire (or at least have an agreement in place that could be announced once the SB is over if they make it).