• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Coaching interview updates

Mr. Scot

Just now, UnluckyforSome said:

I do kind of like Kafka as a out-of-nowhere darkhorse. I mean he got something out of qb that was considered a bust, and a road playoff win as well. 

We sometimes manage to eke out something from our bust players too, but never as much as a road playoff win. I can't even remember our last road playoff win. Chicago?

With a shaky roster too. Neal was struggling at RT, plus I don’t even know who their top WRs are. The only player I know is great is Barkley.

• Beer 1

5 minutes ago, Soul Rebel said:

So if we interview Kafka today, Payton on Monday and already did with Dorsey yesterday and don't announce a hire by Wednesday/Thursday, would Steichen be perceived as the leader in the clubhouse?

Unknown.

There could be a second round of interviews.

• Beer 1

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports the Jets interviewed Bills quarterbacks coach Joe Brady for their offensive coordinator vacancy.

Per Rapoport, "It's unclear if Brady would take it, given how much he loves Buffalo." Brady joined Buffalo after a failed stint as the Panthers' offensive coordinator. The former LSU offensive coordinator was one of the hottest names on the coaching circuit coming into the league and even after one middling year with the Panthers. Midway through his second season in Carolina, the team fired him as their offense struggled to prop up Sam Darnold. After rehabbing his image for a year in Buffalo, Brady could reclaim an offensive coordinator position with the Jets this offseason.

46 minutes ago, Soul Rebel said:

So if we interview Kafka today, Payton on Monday and already did with Dorsey yesterday and don't announce a hire by Wednesday/Thursday, would Steichen be perceived as the leader in the clubhouse?

Is SP already rescheduled for Monday?

12 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports the Jets interviewed Bills quarterbacks coach Joe Brady for their offensive coordinator vacancy.

Per Rapoport, "It's unclear if Brady would take it, given how much he loves Buffalo." Brady joined Buffalo after a failed stint as the Panthers' offensive coordinator. The former LSU offensive coordinator was one of the hottest names on the coaching circuit coming into the league and even after one middling year with the Panthers. Midway through his second season in Carolina, the team fired him as their offense struggled to prop up Sam Darnold. After rehabbing his image for a year in Buffalo, Brady could reclaim an offensive coordinator position with the Jets this offseason.

Damn, that's some subjective reporting. "Struggled to prop up Sam Darnold". Stay in your lane, Ian, just report the facts. 

2 hours ago, amcoolio said:

Again, Reich has already failed at 3 other jobs with league-last offense when he was in charge, I have no idea why he is a strong candidate. He got fired in San Diego and Arizona for having terrible offenses as OC, then at Indy. He only had one good playoff run with the Eagles in a very lucky and weird playoffs where the Eagles crushed the Patriots inexplicably in the Super Bowl.

I'd actually prefer Wilks to Reich. But I hope the team doesn't settle like the Hornets, or we are looking at another offseason in 2024 looking for a head coach

.547 win percentage with a meddling bat sh*t crazy owner. The proof is there for all to see. 

If Matt Rhule coached like Reich he'd still be here and we'd probably be in the playoffs.

Screenshot_20230122-151402~2.png

• Pie 2

4 hours ago, rippadonn said:

walking backwards michael mcintyre GIF by UKTV Australia

Rhule took us backwards. Steichen, nobody knows if he can be a good HC and if he's not we're stuck still bleeding out for 3-4 years more.

I understand the hope and excitement about the new crop but we desperately need someone who can come in and right the ship. Our players don't need a rookie head coach, they're not rookies.

Rhule was a terrible hire, should have listened to Vegas. Rolling the dice on Kafka would be irresponsible right now, where we are as a team. We need experience, we need to stop the bleeding asap. We can't rely on what ifs. We must get the best man for THIS job(who wants the job) back on the phone.

Harbaugh 2023

I respect the grind and would prefer Harbaugh over many that we have interviewed, but it's over

1 hour ago, Soul Rebel said:

Don’t think so. All of the young OC interviews would’ve been virtual, and I’m sure they’re gonna narrow down their options and bring in a few for in-person second round interviews. That said, I think the next HC is going to be either Steichen, Payton, or Wilks.