• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

If you want to get the #1 pick from the Bears, what's your move?

EgoDogg

7 hours ago, TheCasillas said:

I wouldn’t want number 1 in this draft. 3 or 4  maybe…. But 1 is overkill. 

We are in a never-ending circle jerk of thinking we are way better than we are and should never leverage a lot of picks for one player. 

I have a rude awakening for you - 3 or 4 probably means we miss both Young or Stroud and we are back in the same repetitive cycle of wondering why we're always hovering around .500 at best (yes, I know you can't get to exactly .500 anymore). 

We. Go. Nowhere. Without. Franchise. QB. 

I do not understand how half this board continues to become disillusioned to that. 

Do whatever we must in order to get that QB and everything will start trending in the right direction. 

• Pie 3

2 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Teddy had his best play here. Darnold had his best play here. Mayfield was the only one who didn't. DJ has put up good stats despite trash at QB. It baffles me how much of this fanbase doesn't comprehend this.

Technically Darnold had his worst and best years here. Mayfield had his worst. 

I keep forgetting that Teddy put up numbers but still lost. That one gets me every time. 

13 hours ago, Brooklyn 3.0 said:

This place is bananas. We had the PERFECT chance to have the resources to trade up with little harm to our future ... but we didn't do it. Instead, we traded away our best player for peanuts. We also had the perfect chance to just let things fall as the may and we could have drafted at the top of the pile and had to give up nothing. But now? Now some of you actually want to trade away future for a top pick?

/cdn-cgi/mirage/fca5f8343d5e151eec9f086213a99e9631041342c38fd104d3f1df356d4f8a92/1280/https://media0.giphy.com/media/AjYsTtVxEEBPO/200.gif

Yeah, the organization was too scared to fully tank, and of course the interim staff did just enough to screw the team out of a high pick because he knew he wouldn’t get the job anyways

3 hours ago, Move the Panthers to Raleigh said:

How about Burns, Moore, and 1 first?

I'm on board with this. I actually think Burns and Moore with a couple 2nds gets it done. 

Truth is, given their capspace, Burns could end up there sooner than later anyway like other Panthers (Peppers, Moose) and they have NO defense...so he may as well help cover the cost to get #1.

• Pie 2

2 hours ago, Move the Panthers to Raleigh said:

How about Burns, Moore, and 1 first?

While I think that would do it I don’t know if the Bears would want to have to pay both Burns and Moore their contracts. I think in that scenario they would be hoping to get Payne and Hargraves still as well. That would add about 30+ sacks of productivity to their defensive line last year. And it’s a team that only had 20 sacks as a team. Worst in the NFL. I think that transforms the defense and they would still have about 60 million left to spend on other free agents. And they would still need one more offensive linemen. 

Their secondary is young and good. Sanborn played better for the Bears at LB this year than Smith did. This new dline would give them a major overhaul. 

Adding Moore allows Mooney to go back to being a #2 where he excels and Claypool can go dominate in the slot. Kmet has emerged as a good pass catching TE. 

Their offensive line would be a pass blocking question mark but at 9 they could get a top offensive lineman. Or they could draft Johnston and let Mooney walk after next season. 

But they have 60 million left or so and they would have the ability to add to pieces to an offensive line that has good young talent in Jones and Jenkins. They can upgrade at RT, C and LG in free agency or the draft. 

And don’t forget, despite the poo roster they were in almost every game. It’s got the makings of being a 2023 Jags. First pick to a playoff spot. 

I don’t think the Panthers want to part with DJ Moore or Brian Burns. 

And here is the scary part… if CJ Stroud doesn’t declare for the draft it’s going to make the Bears pick even more expensive because Bryce Young is the only top tier QB in the draft at that point. 

• Pie 1

22 hours ago, Knaakedup said:

We are in a never-ending circle jerk of thinking we are way better than we are and should never leverage a lot of picks for one player. 

I have a rude awakening for you - 3 or 4 probably means we miss both Young or Stroud and we are back in the same repetitive cycle of wondering why we're always hovering around .500 at best (yes, I know you can't get to exactly .500 anymore). 

We. Go. Nowhere. Without. Franchise. QB. 

I do not understand how half this board continues to become disillusioned to that. 

Do whatever we must in order to get that QB and everything will start trending in the right direction. 

When you have a good QB but no one to throw to, no one to block and no DL pressure, you pick No. 1 in the draft. Ask Chicago.