• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

If you want to get the #1 pick from the Bears, what's your move?

EgoDogg

On 1/9/2023 at 2:02 AM, EgoDogg said:

I've been giving this some thought, and it's hard to see the Panthers going any other route this year than marrying a new HC with a new QB. If you have a guy that you love like Bryce Young, you have the capital to do it, so you make it happen. I have no idea what trade value would look like, but the Panthers have assets that would be a great fit for Chicago like Brian Burns and/or DJ Moore. I'm in the camp that likes Burns and would hate to lose him, but you have to believe he would be in play and is probably valued at around 2 first rounders+, himself.

I think Burns + our first rounder this year (#9) and the 49ers 2nd rounder would be in-play. I could be way off when it comes to value, but I think the Panthers can get that pick without sacrificing the future.

If you were the Panthers and coveted the #1 overall pick, what would be your move to get it from the Bears?

How are my chances with a expired kenny rodgers coupon followed by foot rubs while I pour box wine glasses??

3 hours ago, kaw_liga said:

Sign Darnold to a 2 year deal, Draft BPA and get Drake Maye next year.

What makes you think that Maye will be available anywhere near where we pick? What makes you think any team in position to draft him will be willing to trade back with us? What makes you think nobody else could offer a better haul? Waiting multiple drafts for a specific guy usually doesn’t work out. 

Edited by Varking
  • Pie 2

13 minutes ago, Varking said:

What makes you think that Maye will be available anywhere near where we pick? What makes you think any team in position to draft him will be willing to trade back with us? What makes you think nobody else could offer a better haul? Waiting multiple drafts for a specific guy usually doesn’t work out. 

Right. This whole “wait until the next year to draft said and said QB” doesn’t work for us. You can pretty much pencil us in to be picking between 8-10 next year. 

Our best opportunity was this year, well, until we fired Rhule. We probably end up at 1 or 2 if he would’ve stayed coach. He was terrible

• Pie 3

If the goal is 2024 QB, you have to trade back in the 1st this year and acquire another 2024 1st. Then roll with Matt Corral and maybe a mid/late round QB in 2023. That’s a good recipe to have a top pick in the 2024 draft and ammo to move up if needed. 

You don’t resign Darnold if that’s the play. He’ll win enough to knock us out of the top 5. Bringing back PJ would be more productive for that goal. 

Edited by ECHornet
  • Pie 1

8 hours ago, ECHornet said:

If the goal is 2024 QB, you have to trade back in the 1st this year and acquire another 2024 1st. Then roll with Matt Corral and maybe a mid/late round QB in 2023. That’s a good recipe to have a top pick in the 2024 draft and ammo to move up if needed. 

You don’t resign Darnold if that’s the play. He’ll win enough to knock us out of the top 5. Bringing back PJ would be more productive for that goal. 

How many times do we have to say that tanking doesnt work in the NFL. What new coach will want to come in here with corral and PJ Walker as his QB options? 

40 minutes ago, BIGH2001 said:

How many times do we have to say that tanking doesnt work in the NFL. What new coach will want to come in here with corral and PJ Walker as his QB options? 

I was responding to those discussing that as an option. I’m not advocating that being our plan.

If Matt Corral/PJ are our starters next year, you’ll witness tanking work. 

I'm actually betting that teams are willing to wait and call the Bears bluff. Nobody wants to overpay for the #1 pick. The team that holds the cards is Arizona. Bears will talk like they're willing to draft a QB, but I'm betting they're going to be forced to pick Jalen Carter.

The Cardinals will have a new coach next year... and they're the one who I think they're the team we should be looking to trade with. D-hop is looking to leave so they're likely looking to add a receiver and get additional picks. Moving up to 3 seems more likely than moving up to #1. 

Things could get interesting draft wise if the Cardinals want to get Sean Payton as a head coach. I tend to think that working with Kyler Murray is a more attractive job than working with Russel Wilson. Trading with the Panthers at 9 would let the Cardinals draft Deandre's replacement (Quentin Johnson.)

• Pie 1

On 1/9/2023 at 1:51 AM, kass said:

Yesterdays win made the Panthers drop 1 spot in each of the two first rounds. And 5 in the fourth.. and 3 in the fifth....

From to.

8-> 9

39 -> 40

109 -> 114

143 ->146

Or am I wrong, gladly correct me.

Not wrong I don't think but it's like the value of a 4th round pick over all the dropped slots

4 hours ago, TheWiz said:

I'm actually betting that teams are willing to wait and call the Bears bluff. Nobody wants to overpay for the #1 pick. The team that holds the cards is Arizona. Bears will talk like they're willing to draft a QB, but I'm betting they're going to be forced to pick Jalen Carter.

The Cardinals will have a new coach next year... and they're the one who I think they're the team we should be looking to trade with. D-hop is looking to leave so they're likely looking to add a receiver and get additional picks. Moving up to 3 seems more likely than moving up to #1. 

Things could get interesting draft wise if the Cardinals want to get Sean Payton as a head coach. I tend to think that working with Kyler Murray is a more attractive job than working with Russel Wilson. Trading with the Panthers at 9 would let the Cardinals draft Deandre's replacement (Quentin Johnson.)

Bears gm already said they was moving forward with Fields. 

5 hours ago, TheWiz said:

We'll know if Payton to AZ has legs if they trade with us (or any other QB hungry team) early. They'd then have better draft capital to send to New Orleans for his rights.