• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Lamar could be gone……Article ahead.

WarPanthers89

Just now, The Lobo said:

Will the new norm be fully guaranteed deals? I know the owners and GMs hate them and we’re quite upset the browns did it. Maybe, just maybe, there won’t be anymore. Now, there could be a lot of guaranteed money but not all of the contract. 

I have a hard time believing that'll become the norm.

Watson's not exactly helping the cause.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

A Saints fan thinks they will go after Jackson. Here are parts of the comment made.

"Is Lamar Jackson a possibility for the 2023 New Orleans Saints? I think he could be, especially if we keep DA at Head Coach."

"A combination of Lamar Jackson and Taysom Hill would be a fun, run heavy, ball control offense that would be hard to stop. We would likely lead the league in time of possession, which is absolute music to the ears of a defensive coordinator/defensive oriented HC."

Edited by PantherOnTheProwl1523
  • Beer 1

3 minutes ago, PantherOnTheProwl1523 said:

A Saints fan thinks they will go after Jackson. Here are parts of the comment made.

"Is Lamar Jackson a possibility for the 2023 New Orleans Saints? I think he could be, especially if we keep DA at Head Coach."

"A combination of Lamar Jackson and Taysom Hill would be a fun, run heavy, ball control offense that would be hard to stop. We would likely lead the league in time of possession, which is absolute music to the ears of a defensive coordinator/defensive oriented HC."

Sounds good to me.  They deserve each other.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 4
  • Flames 3
  • Poo 1

2 minutes ago, PantherOnTheProwl1523 said:

I can actually see that over us, ATL, WAS, and some others.

Don't know how they'l continue to finagle the cap, but he would be a nice fit there that can sometimes lead them to a winning record but never go deep in the playoffs.  Smells like a nice purgatory situation for them that they'll think is a home run hehe

• Pie 2
  • Beer 4

He is going to get some people fired and it looks like people with the Ravens know that. It's crazy to think trading away a franchise QB is a great thing but this is it. Injury prone, unwilling or still unable to play in the playoffs, wants a fully guaranteed top contract and hasn't had a great year since 2019. How many more red flags does anyone need here? If we trade for him we will be firing those people next. 

• Pie 4

32 minutes ago, ladypanther said:

You want a player who quit on his team during a playoff run.  Has an injury history not to mention has been out multiple times with mysterious illnesses.  

No thanks.

Lamar made a business decision not to risk his health when he has no guaranteed money anyone with a half formed mind would understand that. This is on the Ravens

Just like teams ruthlessly cut players for any reason including not performing

• Pie 4

3 minutes ago, TheBigKat said:

Lamar made a business decision not to risk his health when he has no guaranteed money anyone with a half formed mind would understand that. This is on the Ravens

Just like teams ruthlessly cut players for any reason including not performing

Didn’t they make a couple of solid offers that he turned down because he wanted more money and a fully guaranteed contract. How is this entirely on the Ravens?

• Pie 5
  • Beer 1

6 minutes ago, TheBigKat said:

Lamar made a business decision not to risk his health when he has no guaranteed money anyone with a half formed mind would understand that.

He put himself in that situation.  My under formed mind understands that he quit on his team. Period.

Also I am disappointed that you felt it necessary to  belittle me to make your point.  You made a point alright, maybe not the one you were going for.

• Pie 5
  • Beer 2
  • Poo 1

3 minutes ago, ladypanther said:

He put himself in that situation.  My under formed mind understands that he quit on his team. Period.

Also I am disappointed that you felt it necessary to  belittle me to make your point.  You made a point alright, maybe not the one you were going for.

Tiny penis syndrome

• The D 1
  • Poo 1

lol at “quit on his team”

Knew that narrative would come. Lamar was generous to even suit up for them to start the year, knowing he was trying to get the big contract. Once he got a scare, he was smart to shut it down. Other NFL players agree.

I’d love Lamar, and would be willing to part with 2 1sts,  but anything more, I’m ok with going the draft route. Willing to give up a bit more to move up in the draft

Edited by AggieLean
  • Pie 1

1 minute ago, AggieLean said:

lol at “quit on his team”

Knew that narrative would come. Lamar was generous to even suit up for them to start the year, knowing he was trying to get the big contract. Once he got a scare, he was smart to shut it down. Other NFL players agree.

He was already under contract for the 2022 season. What's courageous about honoring the last year of a deal that you signed after you refused a generous contract extension?