• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers receive permission to interview Sean Payton

TheSpecialJuan

12 minutes ago, Brooklyn 3.0 said:

A Huddle without 1of10 AND Linville???

Suspicious Mr Johnson GIF by ABC Network

Lol, I'm flattered you'd even notice. I'm not around that much compared to a lot of the mainstays on this board. I tend to come and go with the demands of life and the fortunes of the team. It helps a lot that my job's busy season coincides with the nfl's offseason, but if your interest in something is completely destroyed, it's funny how you can always find something else to fill that time in your life.

Incidently, if nothing can destroy your interest in something, I think there's a term for that:

addiction

Now if you'll excuse me, this black tar heroin isn't gonna shoot itself.

• The D 1

5 minutes ago, joemac said:

Lol ok. 

I'm sure the fanbases of the teams that hired Jon Gruden, Bill Parcells, Jimmy Johnson and various other Super Bowl winning coaches thought the same thing.

Likewise, the Broncos and Browns fans probably thought their quest for a franchise quarterback was over after the massive trades and deals given for and to Russell Wilson and Deshaun Watson.

There's always some unicorn, generally a head coach or quarterback, that fans latch on to thinking "if we just get this guy who was good somewhere else, we're guaranteed to be winners".

And they're pretty much always wrong.

• Pie 3
  • Beer 2

9 minutes ago, joemac said:

We already pushed almost all our chips to the table to land Watson last off season. I think that shows which direction Teppers compass is pointing. Personally I don’t give a poo. I just want to win football games. 

I want to win too, but not at all costs. To me winning has to be done within a context you can at least live with. The Watson thing was not great at all, and likely if he had come here, I'd have found something else to do with my sundays. I don't expect everyone to be a choir boy, hell I'm still a huge Steve Smith fan and the dude clearly has his failings, but there is a point beyond which I cannot lend my support or look the other way, and hiring a guy who paid his players to hurt other players goes beyond that point.

I'm not judging anybody else for thinking differently, you just wanna win football games, I get that. This is just how I personally feel about it, and since this is a discussion board for Panthers related matters, I chose to state that pretty clearly.

As always ymmv.

• Pie 1

As much as I no longer care about the Panthers, a Sean Payton hire would bring me back to this specific forum on a daily basis just to trash the organization.

There must be at least a dozen or so retread, old school head coaches out there job hunting right now. Lovie Smith anyone? Fug, if you're gonna talk about Payton, why not go ask Bill Cowher while you're at it.

• Pie 1

#9 is the starting point to get that paw in the door, boys and girls. 

23 hours ago, Jon Snow said:

I hope this is just to drive up the price for whoever ends up with him.

Hell yeah! Show me the picks!

23 hours ago, rippadonn said:

Realistically have a better chance of making Corral look like Garrett Grayson or Ian Book but fork over the goods and we can see. LOL.

8 hours ago, 1of10Charnatives said:

Yeah, sorry. I don't support football teams in any way shape or form that hire head coaches who previously ran bounty programs where they paid their players to hurt other teams players. Maybe you can look yourself in the mirror and be okay with that, but I can't.

spacer.png

Edited by Iron Saint

2 minutes ago, Iron Saint said:

Realistically have a better chance of making Corral look like Garrett Grayson or Ian Book but fork over the goods and we can see. LOL.

/cdn-cgi/mirage/4124033376d9f7a9b20f62e1d12dd18dd00b5b9ef3deff5611969d1dfb5de3b1/1280/https://i.gifer.com/6kNx.gif

pulp fiction film GIF

awkward pulp fiction GIF

• Beer 1

Payton seemed to speak favorably of Houston, mentioning that the have quite a few draft picks.  They have 11 in 2023, including 2 1st rounders.  Could take care of the Saints compensation and still leave him with the ability to draft his QB.

ROUND
1ST
1ST (CLEVELAND)
2ND
3RD
3RD (CLEVELAND)
4TH
5TH
6TH
6TH (GIANTS)
6TH (VIKINGS)
6TH (SAINTS)
  • Beer 1

2 hours ago, Iron Saint said:

/cdn-cgi/mirage/6f59ff36efe1d436f3a1aa006b8d7085103993a3eee70745d60bb5534874b115/1280/https://i.gifer.com/6kNx.gif

Nah, they asking for a late first. 2 2023 2nd round picks.  That's equivalent of a late first. 😂

• Pie 1