• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Interviewing DC’s??

ATLpanther

Can someone please explain to me why we are interviewing defensive coordinators? We’ve got this and what appears to be a disconnect between Fitt and Tepper on the “short” list of candidates. Fitt said it was going to be short and it’s really damn long and somehow we are interviewing DC’s now. Makes no sense and it’s strengthening the case that Tepper is a meddler. Thoughts?

I personally think it's a great idea for the interviewers to talk to mostly everyone. Networking and picking up anything that a candidate might say of value even if they are not a great fit now could be a good thing long-term. We could be looking for another coach in 2 years or 10 years so seeing who is who and what they do is a huge bonus.

It sounds, just a guess, that we are vetting interviewed coaches options to qualify them. Some theories on having made a decision already but it looks like seeing what the more complete staff would look like vs hiring a new HC and then say 'what now'. Looks like they may have learned something from the failed process last time.

• Pie 3

I’m guessing it means we’re getting one of the offense guys to be our HC and we’re interviewing top DC candidates so that both sides of the ball are well handled. Might even mean we already have a handshake deal with the new HC and he’ll review the DC interviews to choose which one he wants

• Pie 1

25 minutes ago, ATLpanther said:

Can someone please explain to me why we are interviewing defensive coordinators? We’ve got this and what appears to be a disconnect between Fitt and Tepper on the “short” list of candidates. Fitt said it was going to be short and it’s really damn long and somehow we are interviewing DC’s now. Makes no sense and it’s strengthening the case that Tepper is a meddler. Thoughts?

I'm not positive but I think Fitterer was being misleading about the size of the list.  He is in the middle of a poker game after all. 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

20 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Then why not announce it?

If this is the case, then I think it's Wilks and they're trying to assemble a rockstar staff to announce with him because they know the fanbase is gonna be pretty lukewarm on this.

Actually from  comments I have seen outside of the huddle, a lot fans want Wilks

• Pie 2

25 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Then why not announce it?

If this is the case, then I think it's Wilks and they're trying to assemble a rockstar staff to announce with him because they know the fanbase is gonna be pretty lukewarm on this.

My guess is the nfl doesn’t want anyone announcing coaching hires until after this wild card weekend wraps up. 

The new hires will dominant the headlines this week in between tonight’s game and next weekends. 

I fully expect us to have a new head coach by Thursday. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1