• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

If Wilks had made adjustments in the Bucs game

Jmac

If Wilks had done anything to stop the three TD's to Evans and won that game,would he have been the front runner for the job?

Would you have agreed to keep him if they won the division and made the playoffs?

Did that Bucs came essentially seal his fate?...

Edited by Jmac
  • Pie 1

1 hour ago, SmokinwithWilly said:

Not really. Wilks is who he is. He's a defensive coach who is a good leader of men. The NFL has made it abundantly clear that offense is going to be the way moving forward with the rule changes and the now feather touch personal fouls to the QB. We need to hop on this boat with an offensive minded head coach instead of constantly fighting upstream. 

Definitely agree. It’s also not like these defensive coaches don’t have their place too. It seems like Wilks ceiling was at DB coach ultimately. He’s elite and should be proud. 

Wilks not going for it on the 4th downs that game was insane. I don’t think we had been stopped for negative yards that entire time. He chose his bedrock principles instead of actually thinking for himself. It’s maddening. I just got horrible Fox/Rivera flashbacks from it. I’ll never understand the calculation he came up with in his mind.

Did he really think TOM BRADY was going to get rattled being backed up against his own endzone? 

I definitely want a young OC but I wonder if any of these young DCs would be different. 

• Pie 3

Nah.  It was obvious what kind of coach he was before that game.  Not the kind I want, regardless of that game or any playoff games. Of course, if he had gone on to win the Super Bowl I’d understand there’s no way we could get rid of him after that and I’d be grateful, but I’d be dreading the next few years of scaredy conservative coaching. 

• Pie 4
  • Beer 1

43 minutes ago, YourLastThought said:

For everyone that says we must have an offensive minded coach how do you feel about Sean McDermont and the success he has had? Should the Bills fire him for one of the offensive guru guys?

I think one of the rationales is that the offensive HC isn’t going to leave for a promotion. The team will be in a more stable position because the league favors offense so heavily. 

I’m sure it can work the other way around but why fight the prevailing winds? The NFL likes points and wants to discourage punishing defenses. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

7 minutes ago, Donald LaFell said:

I think one of the rationales is that the offensive HC isn’t going to leave for a promotion. The team will be in a more stable position because the league favors offense so heavily. 

I’m sure it can work the other way around but why fight the prevailing winds? The NFL likes points and wants to discourage punishing defenses. 

All good points and hard to argue with anything you just said here.