• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Payton + Brady ???

chknwing

I said it elsewhere but I don't think this time is much different than when Payton took over in NO.  They didn't have a QB from the previous year, they went out and got Brees.  This is setup very similarly...  although I think Carr is more likely and a great fit. 

But interestingly enough, I heard the closing statement from Brady's postgame presser last night, and he is definitely gone from Tampa.  He essentially thanked the media for their relationship while he's been there and sounded like he isn't done, appreciated his time there, but goodbye.

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, Carolina Mike said:

This feels like we are going to go all in to win a SB this year or next (if it works!) BUT in 2 years be left worse than we started. 

I'd gladly be the Browns or Lions for the next 15 years if it means we win the SB in the next couple, easy call there.

The problem is I don't see the path to that happening, particularly giving up draft picks for Payton and still no elite QB.

Edited by tukafan21
  • Pie 1

1 minute ago, Carolina Mike said:

This feels like we are going to go all in to win a SB this year or next (if it works!) BUT in 2 years be left worse than we started. 

I would love to cross that bridge when we get there.  I think it's entirely possible to build an immediate winner now while having the plan in place to win once that 2 or 3 year window is over.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

I hope Brady retires for good, hanging around playing for anyone desperate enough to sign him like Bret Favre is hurting his legacy, his first year with Tampa worked out like a dream,he should have walked away on top, now he has to contemplate retirement after being embarrassed by the Cowbutts on national TV 

I grew up hearing about legends like Joe Montana,Dan Marino and John Elway, but I never thought I would see a legend of the game playing during my lifetime, and he is arguably better than all the above names, has much has I would love the GOAT in a Panthers uniform(if Randy Fasani would let him use his number), I hope he retires for good

Walk Away into the Sunset Tom, go be a God in New England and let the networks outbid each other for your commentary services 

• Pie 1