• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers in violation of NFL rules regarding their search for a permanent head coach, multiple sources tell CBS Sports.

SgtJoo

1 hour ago, WarHeel said:

You and Aggie big mad

I can’t and won’t speak for esteemed poster @AggieLean, but I ain’t mad. Just shaking my head at the people in here who don’t understand why these programs are in place and are important.

@TheCasillasis right that these programs are flawed, but they sure as hell beat where we were many years ago and at least are trying to make difference in the way our work world is shaped now. 

As the only minority director within my company, I’ve watched and endured many a shitty video, but I can see in my practices that they actually do make a difference in my every day workflow, and I’m thankful I’m “forced” to take part. 

But you do you, WarHeel. I’ll do me and I’ll be proud of the way I interact with my fellow humans. 

• Pie 4
  • Beer 4
  • Flames 1
  • Poo 1

1 hour ago, ForJimmy said:

If you are going down that road the question is did she actually violate any anti discrimination laws/rules during her interviews without the training. If she did then that’s a completely different scenario. If she didn’t get updated training that started in October 2022 and everyone else did, that just seems more like an oversight to me.

You are also talking about one person who (maybe) didn’t take this training while everyone else from Tepper himself to Fitt did. Tepper (in all his faults) seems like a pretty progressive owner IMO. I already mentioned the Eric Reid signing and there is also this. 

https://www.wsoctv.com/news/local/now-is-not-time-stay-silent-panthers-players-join-uptown-demonstrations/RBL2GCCTVBAEBORIYK6C6X7DLM/?outputType=amp

Not a bad take. But Oct 22 in the business world is a quarter ago and anyone in upper positions should be compliant with these changes, as a quarter is an eternity. 

2 hours ago, mc52beast said:

Wondering what “inclusive hiring training” would consist of.

I can guarantee you it's a bunch of woke BS.  But when you buy a house in the subdivision you agree to follow the HOA BS rules.

And really. . . it's just a game.  A ridiculous game mind but still just a game.  Sure, you're going to interview "everyone". . .but you're still gonna hire who you're gonna hire.  Just play the damn game and part of playing the game is sitting through this BS training.

The training is a guilt-shaming tactic used to manipulate something you otherwise wouldn't have any power over.

Funny though that the person accused of not completing the training is as a woman probably otherwise considered a protected class status save for the fact she rich and married to the owner.  Shame on her.

But given they bought a house in the subdivision and didn't follow the HOA's rules, I'll be pissed if it costs us draft picks.

These trainings aren’t pointless. I did 20 in the navy and we had 10 or so similar trainings every year across various topics (the same thing every year for 20 years is excessive, but these one time trainings aren’t too much).

You never know how some people are raised or the environment they learned from, something that’s common sense to most might not be to someone and you don’t want that someone making decisions that might be lacking in what most would think is obvious, like you can’t exclude someone based on race, gender, etc.  So these trainings are important for establishing a baseline of what’s expected and setting a minimum standard for how things are expected to be done. 

What’s stupid is thinking this minor oversight on a brand new requirement is some big deal. It’s a nothing burger, they were informed months ago and subsequently forgot about it among the million other things they have to consider in owning a team among other business responsibilities.  They’ll learn from it and move on. 

• Pie 4
  • Beer 1

7 hours ago, jayflip said:

I can’t and won’t speak for esteemed poster @AggieLean, but I ain’t mad. Just shaking my head at the people in here who don’t understand why these programs are in place and are important.

@TheCasillasis right that these programs are flawed, but they sure as hell beat where we were many years ago and at least are trying to make difference in the way our work world is shaped now. 

As the only minority director within my company, I’ve watched and endured many a shitty video, but I can see in my practices that they actually do make a difference in my every day workflow, and I’m thankful I’m “forced” to take part. 

But you do you, WarHeel. I’ll do me and I’ll be proud of the way I interact with my fellow humans. 

Interaction with other humans starts with training in the home. Grown people shouldn’t have to be taught how to treat others. And companies shouldn’t have to pander to anyone based on the color of their skin. Just my opinion.