• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Watching Jalen Hurts sort of hurts.....

YourLastThought

2 hours ago, 45catfan said:

'Hurts is garbage' was the general consensus here when he was coming out in the draft. I honestly don't remember him having any real fans, but I definitely wasn't in the majority whose sentiment of Hurts was he couldn't make it as a NFL QB.

The guy has absolutely worked his ass off to get better.

Those are the guys we need. 

• Beer 1

Hurts has worked hard to make himself what he is today as a player and a leader, happy for him.

However he would not be where he is if we had drafted him. His Coaching would have been much worse. Philly has the best Oline in the NFL, and have depth too. Our Oline was good this year, but still isn't as good as Philly. Philly has very good receivers with 1a Brown and 1b Smith along with a couple other guys who compliment well. Goedert is a very good TE as well, we don't have that. Sanders is a really good all around RB too. We just wouldn't have offered Hurts the same opportunities under Fhule

• Pie 1

2 hours ago, 45catfan said:

'Hurts is garbage' was the general consensus here when he was coming out in the draft. I honestly don't remember him having any real fans, but I definitely wasn't in the majority whose sentiment of Hurts was he couldn't make it as a NFL QB.

he also went in the third. he didn't go top ten like Lance and Fields, who are actually garbage. Or Wilson. Speaking of Wilson, Russell went in the third. HEY WE HAVE A QB THAT WENT IN THE THIRD AND DESERVES A CHANCE TOO, but this fanbase wants flashy flash flash quarterbacks every year.

• Poo 1

5 hours ago, Sean Payton's Vicodin said:

Getting his OC is gonna be a good consolation prize

His OC has the best roster in football.

Eagles have 2 #1 WR a top 10 TE and a top 5 RB and the best Oline in football.

Are you sure he's going to be that impactful with this offense and our lack of weapons?

Just now, CamWhoaaCam said:

His OC has the best roster in football.

Eagles have 2 #1 WR a top 10 TE and a top 5 RB and the best Oline in football.

Are you sure he's going to be that impactful with this offense and our lack of weapons?

So what you're saying is ... hire a guy who either turned a bad team around, or improved a poor team's record? So ... Rhule or Wilks?

13 minutes ago, Brooklyn 3.0 said:

So what you're saying is ... hire a guy who either turned a bad team around, or improved a poor team's record? So ... Rhule or Wilks?

No im saying don't overhype a OC who has the best weapons in the NFL.

We don't have a top 5 QB,  2 #1 WR's, a top 5 RB, and the best Oline in football.

Im not saying don't hire him. Im saying just keep in mind what he has on his current roster.

Understand now?

Edited by CamWhoaaCam

There are many factors contributing to a QB's success or failure at the NFL level. Some, like drive, learning curve, ability to process at the speed needed in the league, are extremely hard to measure, so while QB prospects are put under an intense microscope pre draft, what often gets overlooked is how unmeasurable these things are, and how this contributes to the crapshoot nature of drafting a QB.

The other thing that I think is overlooked and borderline ignored most of the time, his how big a factor the specific circumstances a young QB finds himself in influence the outcome. The quality of the OL he plays behind, his skill position players, the fit of the scheme to his skillset, the quality of the coaching he receives. Keep in mind all these things matter, and they can vary greatly from team to team.

A common fan perspective is to lament that we could have had so and so player and we didn't draft him. I believe the problem with this idea is the notion that player x's outcome is mostly about him, and that if he were here, the outcome would largely have been the same. I am becoming increasingly of the opinion that environmental factors play a much bigger role in a prospects success or failure at the NFL level than most fans are inclined to consider.

What if we had drafted Hurts?

Maybe he'd have had not nearly as much success if he'd come here.

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1