• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

New Coach Thread 2: Electric Boogaloo

Ricky Spanish

15 minutes ago, Wolfcop said:

No he's not. When has Wilks had even a decent QB? Never is the answer. 

So what you are saying is Wilks will suck without a QB to carry his ass just like Rivera. 
We all know Rivera was being carried by Cam and Luke and we are seeing in Washington what kinda coach Rivera really is. 
Mediocre. Which is you precious Wilks ceiling. 

5 minutes ago, Cdparr7 said:

Not sure that applies if it’s a trade

It would probably be something like this:

CAR Receives:

Mike McCarthy

DAL Receives:

Sean Payton

NO Receives:

2023 DAL 1st Round

2023 CAR 3rd Round

It would probably bypass the Rooney Rule.

8 minutes ago, frankw said:

Yep and then we'll get months of fluff about how much the players love him. Then at some point in the season we'll get the doors blown off by a real contender and we'll get the same excuses again. We know our Carolina Panthers by now.

Yet the Wilks fans will constantly find excuses as to why the Panthers suck under Wilks and it will never be his fault. 

14 minutes ago, glenwo2 said:

Mentally prepared to read one morning Breaking News : Wilks to be the Panthers Head Coach

So that way, when I actually see Steichen to be the Panthers Head Coach, i'd basically faint.

this straight up sucks, I am not having a good time. I have an oz of hope with Steichen being the betting favorite. Tepper really cant be that dumb, I refuse to believe someone who has made that much money actually thinks Wilks is a viable option. 

4 minutes ago, DJ feed me moore said:

this straight up sucks, I am not having a good time. I have an oz of hope with Steichen being the betting favorite. Tepper really cant be that dumb, I refuse to believe someone who has made that much money actually thinks Wilks is a viable option. 

You're referring to the guy who thought Matt Rhule was a viable option? 🤔

At least Wilks has an NFL background and some good leadership qualities.

• Flames 2

32 minutes ago, therealmjl said:

When has he punted the football at midfield on 4th and 1 against the greatest QB of all time in a win or go home situation?

twice is the answer.

I think not calling a time out, to save yourself from the delay penalty. On 3rd and 5, with around 6 min to go at midfield, was pretty dumb as well.

3 minutes ago, Kentucky Panther said:

Seriously. This is the kind of poo that turns fans off. NFL is moving away from this boring stuff. 

It’s fine as long as Father Time doesn’t go deep to the sloth that is mike evans 3 times to come back and win the game. Another reason to not want wilks is Holcomb 

• Beer 1

1 minute ago, RJK said:

It’s fine as long as Father Time doesn’t go deep to the sloth that is mike evans 3 times to come back and win the game. Another reason to not want wilks is Holcomb 

Exactly. I wouldn’t be opposed to Wilks if I knew he wouldn’t torture us with Al Holcombe like Rivera did with Eric Washington. 

• Pie 2