• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

New Coach Thread 2: Electric Boogaloo

Ricky Spanish

4 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

That sounds more like he's making a prediction than a report.

Having it come in the middle of a testy exchange doesn't help.

Also…If you read the whole tweet thread Ben is making it sound like that Denver wants him but none of the other teams actually want Payton…which line up to to earlier reports that Payton was meeting to actually sell himself to the panthers, not the other way around like some want to believe

Edited by Panthercougar68
  • Pie 1

19 minutes ago, rayzor said:

Looks like that's what we want to do with prospective new offensive minded coaches...choose their DC for them. it shouldn't be a problem for Wilks anymore than it would be for those other guys to have coordinators chosen for them. after rhule insisting on his college crew come with him, i think that we have more than enough reason to be skeptical and even a bit controlling of an HC wanting his own crew. 

Get the best coordinators possible, not necessarily the ones that the HC feels most comfortable with. 

I don't think it will ever work by forcing coaches on a new HC. If you don't like any of their plans on filling out a staff, then that is clearly not your guy.

• Pie 3

16 minutes ago, tukafan21 said:

I'll be very angry if this happens, but nothing against that guy.

It will have everything to do with us not even interviewing 2 of my personal top candidates who are DC's, one being Ryans which I detailed above, but the other being Quinn.

If we hire a young DC with no HC experience without even interviewing Quinn, it would very much upset me, particularly with Tepper having said he would like someone with previous HC experience early in the process.  

Ryans turned us down.

• Beer 1

32 minutes ago, RJK said:

It’s fine as long as Father Time doesn’t go deep to the sloth that is mike evans 3 times to come back and win the game. Another reason to not want wilks is Holcomb 

This is what makes me say no to Wilks, alongside getting absolutely demolished by the Bengals and making Trubisky look like a starting QB. I don't even like the idea of Wilks staying as DC because, frankly, he's just not that good at it. Not sure any other team would want him in that role either.

• Pie 1

6 minutes ago, Panthercougar68 said:

Also…If you read the whole tweet thread Ben is making it sound like that Denver wants him but none of the other teams actually want Payton…which line up to to earlier reports that Payton was meeting to actually sell himself to the panthers, not the other way around like some want to believe

Makes sense.

He added this...

• Beer 1