• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Coaching Interviews: Round Two

Mr. Scot

25 minutes ago, Byrdman4real said:

The other way around and I'm find with it. For too long the defense has been trusted more then offense. They would shutdown the offense and believe in the defense to win games. It's time for the opposite. 

No thanks. That’s going to be a losing combo. 

3 minutes ago, Shocker said:

I am sure it has happened but does anyone have examples of interim NFL coaches that actually worked out?  Feels like a rare occurrence.

https://usbettingreport.com/news/how-have-interim-head-coaches-fared-in-the-nfl-in-the-past-10-years/

This is just one of the first results from my search but Doug Marrone and Mike Mularkey are the two most recent to make the jump from interim to permanent on a long term basis. Marrone went 24-43 and Mularkey went 36-53. That doesn't bode well for the pro Wilks folks to say the least.

• Beer 1
  • Flames 1

2 minutes ago, Basbear said:

As the huddle turns, now the rumored leader is Frank Reich??

He was my top insurance HC, i was very deep into Shane Steichen.......

Just feels like reichs contacts are the main reasons for panthers love. 

And the fact that his offenses were good under 3 different QBs

1 minute ago, vorbis said:

if you believe Rapoport has legit sources within the building, he indicates it's a two candidate race at this point. Wilks and Reich. no Moore.

Yikes. I guess we hope for Reich and that he builds out a coaching tree under him.

I wonder how much longer he wants to coach for?

1 hour ago, Jon Snow said:

No, I'm saying you cannot use a candidates age as a determining factor unless it is a legitimate reason.  You not wanting an older coach is not a legitimate reason.  That candidate could sue your ass for discrimination based on that alone, and will win. Its a violation of federal law. I take it you've not been involved in hiring people or you would know this already. 

I take it you don't have old family members who get turned down in the workforce because of their age.

They do this all the time in warehouse jobs like Walmart/Amazon/etc...

They choose the younger worker over the older worker every time. They look for longevity in those companies. I know this because my aunt is a supervisor at a WalMart warehouse. They most definitely look at age in warehouse jobs.

I'm so disappointed that both Ben Johnson & DeMeco Ryans want nothing to with us. Beyond Harbaugh, they were my top two. Steichen, I suppose, being number three.

I guess out of the bunch that's left Reich would be the next man up. However, it doesn't really excite me and I just don't know how much he has left in the tank.

Edited by Krovvy
  • Pie 2

27 minutes ago, Wolfcop said:

And the fact that his offenses were good under 3 different QBs

And as Bad as Wentz was there.  He got more out of Wentz last year than Doug Pederson did without Reich.

Edited by ncfan
  • Flames 1