• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Coaching Interview Thread IV: A New Hope

Ricky Spanish

10 minutes ago, carpanfan96 said:

I cant believe they legit tried to get Reich to agree to OC/assistant HC or Wilks as DC/ assistant HC with the other as the HC. 

😂😂😂😂😂

The tweet says "this is my opinion" and you walked away with it as fact..... that's concerning.What Is Wrong With You Season 2 GIF by The Office

Edited by TheCasillas
  • Beer 3

2 hours ago, Growl said:

I was gonna make a thread prediction how it all played during the zenith of Payton hype and so far it looks like I’ve nailed it

->Payton hype fizzles then withers away 
->Steichen emerges as favorite candidate, long enough for everyone to get excited 
->team begins redirecting attention elsewhere in attempt to suppress expectations 
->Hires Frank Reich

shame I didn’t pull the trigger on posting it, so far it looks like it’s been spot on 

Sounds like the same typical depressing Panthers offseason of years past. I think it is just a given that we will never have intelligent ownership and we will forever be stuck with below average or worse coaches...

Honestly, it's a pretty fitting curse for our dumpster fire of an organization...

I'll just have my fingers crossed that at some point Tepper gets embarrassed at how inept of an owner he is or bored with owning this team and decides to sell to an owner that isn't a perennial loser like him.

Edited by PleaseCutStewart
  • Beer 1

1 minute ago, Growl said:

why is this team consistently at the mercy of who manages to buddy it up with businessman outsider Dave tepper in the interview and not the individual with the strongest on field resume’

I mean... Reich's resume is pretty damn strong man.  Instrumental in the Philly offense that won the Super Bowl.  4 top 10 scoring offenses in the last 6 years.  Great staff builder.  Numerous connections throughout the league.  

Ben Johnson was my #1 choice and even I'd say Reich has a stronger resume than him.  With Johnson, you are mostly projecting.

• Pie 4
  • Beer 3