• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Reich New Head Coach

NJPanthers12

1 minute ago, OldNorthPowell said:

Meh, not household names. The ones that are household names are washed up. Lack of talent but no excuses Ike that here.

Taylor is arguably the best RB in the NFL when healthy and I’m not the only one saying that. I left Quentin Nelson off the original list because you clearly don’t know ball, but the colts oline has been pretty publicly praised over Reichs tenure in Indy. 

6 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

why was it his job to stop the carousel from spinning?  Irsay wanted Wentz gone and ballard wanted Ryan.  The fug was reich supposed to do?

Yeah… I know it was reported that he lobbied for Wentz but we also don’t know what the alternative would have been. So Reich may have wanted the guy he knew versus an unknown. 

Was it reported somewhere that Ballard wanted Ryan? Because it was beyond obvious Ryan was toast 

At the end of the day this hire makes sense for where this franchise is at. Ideally Reich finds himself a young innovative OC to team up with. Both the Panthers and Reich have been spinning their wheels in mud at the QB position the last several seasons. I truly believe that comes to an end this year and they do whatever they can to go get their guy

Just now, *FreeFua* said:

Yeah… I know it was reported that he lobbied for Wentz but we also don’t know what the alternative would have been. So Reich may have wanted the guy he knew versus an unknown. 

Was it reported somewhere that Ballard wanted Ryan? Because it was beyond obvious Ryan was toast 

At the end of the day this hire makes sense for where this franchise is at. Ideally Reich finds himself a young innovative OC to team up with. Both the Panthers and Reich have been spinning their wheels in mud at the QB position the last several seasons. I truly believe that comes to an end this year and they do whatever they can to go get their guy

wentz didnt do badly in indy

Pretty sure Ballard was the gm that went and got ryan.  They thought their roster was in "win now" mode and they could squeeze 2 seasons out of him.

All in all this is a great hire to reset us to respectable.  

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

wentz didnt do badly in indy

Pretty sure Ballard was the gm that went and got ryan.  They thought their roster was in "win now" mode and they could squeeze 2 seasons out of him.

All in all this is a great hire to reset us to respectable.  

What Reich was able to get out of Wentz was impressive. If you look at the seasons Wentz had the year prior and after 2021… it’s hard to imagine that dude ever throwing for 27 touchdowns with only 7 interceptions in 2021

• Pie 3

Just now, *FreeFua* said:

What Reich was able to get out of Wentz was impressive. If you look at the seasons Wentz had the year prior and after 2021… it’s hard to imagine that dude ever throwing for 27 touchdowns with only 7 interceptions in 2021

He just really really poo the bed against the Jags.  And the owner lost his mind over it.  We may have finally gotten lucky and taken advantage of another team doing stupid things.  Feels good once its not us doing the dumb poo

11 minutes ago, *FreeFua* said:

He wasn't good weeks 10-17.  If he were good they'd have kept him.