• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Reich New Head Coach

NJPanthers12

31 minutes ago, Day1PanthersFan said:

Where has he won at ?, and why was he fired a few weeks ago , Roddy was an assistant coach who learned to be a head coach and took the Canes to relevancy, Reich is a proven failure who led the Colts to mediocrity 

Atleast Payton would have gave us credibility,but I guess he didn't want to serve under an idiot either 

Well besides the three out of four winning seasons in Indianapolis, there was that whole Super Bowl thing in Philadelphia.

Seriously, is it that hard to Google somebody?

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

Just now, RockyTopVol said:

While I really wanted to see Wilks get the job, this is probably the smartest/safest move to make with the options we had available. I'm just so glad I don't have to force myself to try and like Sean Payton. 

Let's go Coach Reich!!

He can show Darnold how to become the Best backup QB in NFL history also...smh...if we draft Levis Im gonna puke...

4 minutes ago, PootieNunu said:

Wilks is already a subpar DC as is, and people wanted him as HC with an even worse DC than he is......

I really dont get the Wilks love.

Wilks was just a grown ass man compared to Matt Rhule and the players responded to him. No one respected Rhule and he shouldn’t have ever been hired. He should have been fired after 2021. We could have had Brian Daboll for Christ sake. But in the end Wilks was brought in to establish some kind of legitimacy on an amateur staff so it wasn’t hard to raise the bar from one of the worst teams in the NFL under Rhule to a mediocre team under Wilks. 

But when the games started to matter at the end of the year, Wilks’s defense started to look worse, he made critical in game mistakes, and overall I don’t think he had what it took to take the team to the next level based on the decisions he made while interim  head coach. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

Let's trade 10 2024 draft picks to the jets for Zach Wilson, why not at this point , we might be an even bigger clown show than we were at the start of last season

BTW, I hope with all my heart I am dead wrong on this one, and Frank Reich makes me eat Crow, but I have seen this movie so many times , I know what to expect 

And when Reich is fired, let's promote Macadoo to HC

• Poo 5

3 minutes ago, Brooklyn 3.0 said:

From what I'e gathered ...

1. He's local

2. He's a respectable man

3. Players like him

4. He was better than Rhule

5. He can lead

That's it. NOTHING about how he's a great coach, defensive wizard, offensive juggernaut, out thinks other coaches, gameplans better than most, etc. Nah ... it's that he's a GOOD GUY.

GIF by Giphy QA

Im pretty sure Reichs 4 years record of 37-28 is better than any panthers coach has done over 4 seasons and this is with poo QB play. 

If Ron ever matched this its because he had Cam and Luke not because he is a superior coach. 

• Beer 1

4 minutes ago, Brooklyn 3.0 said:

From what I'e gathered ...

1. He's local

2. He's a respectable man

3. Players like him

4. He was better than Rhule

5. He can lead

That's it. NOTHING about how he's a great coach, defensive wizard, offensive juggernaut, out thinks other coaches, gameplans better than most, etc. Nah ... it's that he's a GOOD GUY.

/cdn-cgi/mirage/f74cb1776f1a5a75f5996c4de6bb61b20c5e5dfb9cbd633d0b5278c6d269ec4a/1280/https://media3.giphy.com/media/Lrs8pufSlavza/200.gif

From around the way. Which is the most insignificant qualification ever. 

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, Day1PanthersFan said:

Let's trade 10 2024 draft picks to the jets for Zach Wilson, why not at this point , we might be an even bigger clown show than we were at the start of last season

BTW, I hope with all my heart I am dead wrong on this one, and Frank Reich makes me eat Crow, but I have seen this movie so many times , I know what to expect 

And when Reich is fired, let's promote Macadoo to HC

Can you give any reason you hate Reich besides he isn’t the guy you wanted to hire? 

3 minutes ago, hepcat said:

Wilks was just a grown ass man compared to Matt Rhule and the players responded to him. No one respected Rhule and he shouldn’t have ever been hired. He should have been fired after 2021. We could have had Brian Daboll for Christ sake. But in the end Wilks was brought in to establish some kind of legitimacy on an amateur staff so it wasn’t hard to raise the bar from one of the worst teams in the NFL under Rhule to a mediocre team under Wilks. 

But when the games started to matter at the end of the year, Wilks’s defense started to look worse, he made critical in game mistakes, and overall I don’t think he had what it took to take the team to the next level based on the decisions he made while interim  head coach. 

He has what it takes to lead us to 8-9 or 9-8 over 17 games at his best and with a soft schedule