• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Reich New Head Coach

NJPanthers12

I'm thrilled. If we didn't retain Wilks, Reich was my first choice, but I honestly didn't expect us to hire him.

I think he's terribly undervalued, and always elevates the roster/pieces he has to work with. I loved him in Indy and used to always tell my brother that I'm jealous and wished he was our coach.

Dreams apparently do come true. 

We'll be far better than we have ever been on a consistent basis going forward. CANNOT WAIT!

• Pie 3

4 minutes ago, GuessWhosBack said:

Seriously, that division is just as bad as ours was this year, but at least our division was once consider one of the best...Ryan,Brees,Cam, era...(remember Indy was king in that divison for a long time too)...and all he did in Philly was hold a clipboard..Doug ran that show...but wait there's more...

Take away HOF QBs...Luck and Rivers...ok, some people forget Great QB mask poor coaching...

19-22-1 without a proven QB on the roster...and might I add again that's in the worst division in the NFL.

Now Wilks record no better but give him a HOF QB I'm sure his record would've been better.

Using that logic, what was Belichick's record without Tom Brady?   Very few coaches win without proven qbs no matter who they were.

Wilks needs to slow down with the racism stuff through his representation. they named an interim they thought would have zero chance of being in the conversation once the actual coaching search started, but he took a team with .500 talent to a .500 record and apparently that should have made him the slam dunk choice regardless of what our intent was when we released Rhule. It was great that the team showed a pulse after Rhule was fired, but is that more an indictment of how much they had tuned out Rhule or an endorsement of Wilks? We remember Week 17 and how anemic the offense was. That was 11 weeks into his interim tag. I can't stress enough that the interim tag was a nod of respect to Wilks, but in no way intended to give him the impression he was the leading candidate on a staff they wanted to entirely eliminate prior to the next season. They awarded him a platform to help find him his next job and that's exactly what happened. No racism. They just already decided what direction they were going with an offensive head coach and Wilks didn't fit the bill and his previous head coaching experience went awful. 

• Pie 2

1 hour ago, ncfan said:

Couldn’t agree more with Snith’s tweet but I’d add the landscape of the League was a driving factor in the hiring of Reich. This is why from the outset Tepper and co wanted a coach with offensive background. It pretty much stacked the odds against Wilks getting the job, although he rightfully deserved consideration and was a finalist. Getting one with Reich’s resume and experience was the difference maker.

Edited by Prowler2k18

2 minutes ago, stbugs said:

One reason I’m glad we made the decision early is that I hope we get the best m coordinators we can (not McAdoo or Holcomb) and we can interview the guys who did well on the staff (Campen and Tabor).

According to some report; frank has already interviewed a list of coaches and showed that to the panthers crew.....hence they were impressed, feels like it was round one too. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

I'm happy about Frank Reich as our new HC. Wilks, for all the feel good rah rah around him, was not the answer. Against Cincinatti, Pittsburgh, and the last loss against Tampa, he really poo the bed. No adjustments, and just settled in for a "We'll get 'em next time" attitude. Good luck on your future endeavors, Wilks! Thanks for getting us back to shore while we were out in the wilderness for so long with Rhule.

7 minutes ago, stbugs said:

SMH, I really hope you are trolling, otherwise you are the least knowledgeable person in this forum. You made up that he didn’t win in Indy then you try and pin 4-12-1 on Reich? FYI, there’s 17 games a season now in case you missed that change in 2021. I’m pretty sure in one of your other unintelligible posts that Reich was fired after going 3-5-1 this year. It was Saturday, his replacement that went 1-7.

Yeah, I was wrong, and knee jerked, and didn't do any research , I don't pay attention to many teams but ours , and all I knew was that he was fired, I guess I was hoping for a more interesting coaching hire, but we would have to gut ourselves for that , so this is probably for the best 

• Beer 1

1 minute ago, panthers55 said:

Using that logic, what was Belichick's record without Tom Brady?   Very few coaches win without proven qbs no matter who they were.

And where's our proven QB on the roster...

oh he'll draft Levis (Darnold 2.0)....and watch that stink...or sign a FA(Daniel Jones) and yeah u see where this is heading...

Clearly Tepper hates the Keep Pounding motto so why not change the whole damn team name to who we really are...

Now introducing your 2023 Carolina Mediocrities... 

• Poo 3