• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Reich New Head Coach

NJPanthers12

32 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

You mean Ian Thomas, TMJ and Foreman/Hubbard needs upgrading?  Hmmmm, who would have thought that?  I was certain that we only a QB away on offense after being brainwashed by the Huddle.  Using my own logic, it was clear that EVERY skill position needed upgrading on offense--even Moore is limited, but QB thread after QB thread after QB thread convinced me that a good QB would solve everything. 

Bill Polian must be some sort of hack.

I don’t think anyone is doubting an upgrade at those positions would help. 
“You have to solve the QB, No. 1.”  Is what most of us are saying which aligns with that quote you posted. You add weapons/skill players to compliment your QB once you have one. 

19 hours ago, Catsfan69 said:

Can we stop with the fluff pieces?

Didn't realize this board had someone so sensitive. I heard fluffaphobic was a thing but wasn't sure until now. I'll make sure to post it more often to help with your sensitivity to the topic. 

• The D 1

Just now, ForJimmy said:

I don’t think anyone is doubting an upgrade at those positions would help. 
“You have to solve the QB, No. 1.”  Is what most of us are saying which aligns with that quote you posted. You add weapons/skill players to compliment your QB once you have one. 

You address deficiencies as they occur if the means are there.  While QB is extremely important, you don't ignore the rest of the roster until you find the right QB.  Chewing gum and walking can occur simultaneously.

5 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

You address deficiencies as they occur if the means are there.  While QB is extremely important, you don't ignore the rest of the roster until you find the right QB.  Chewing gum and walking can occur simultaneously.

So you disagree with Polian that QB should be the top priority?  

“You’ve got to solve quarterback, No. 1,” Polian said.

That's our top mission this offseason.  Will the rest of the roster get ignored?  No way.  There should be free agents and other draft picks added to help address other weaknesses.  The way I see it is we went 6-6 with Darnold and Wilks (yeah it was mostly against bad competiton, but that's part of the game).  Upgrade the HC and QB (may take a year or more to install a new system and develop a QB), but we should have a nice start of being a competitive team.  Once your QB is landed it seems easier to trade down/acquire more picks/sign veterans IMO.  

• Pie 1

18 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

So you disagree with Polian that QB should be the top priority?  

“You’ve got to solve quarterback, No. 1,” Polian said.

That's our top mission this offseason.  Will the rest of the roster get ignored?  No way.  There should be free agents and other draft picks added to help address other weaknesses.  The way I see it is we went 6-6 with Darnold and Wilks (yeah it was mostly against bad competiton, but that's part of the game).  Upgrade the HC and QB (may take a year or more to install a new system and develop a QB), but we should have a nice start of being a competitive team.  Once your QB is landed it seems easier to trade down/acquire more picks/sign veterans IMO.  

Top priority, yes, but not necessarily the first move.  Things don't happen in a vacuum. If we are able to get a top TE in FA, we should do it and not worry about, 'well, we don't have our QB yet, so we might need to hold off until we know if QB (yet to be determined) will click with this TE.'  That's just silly.  If that were the case, any team lacking a franchise QB would hold off on roster building until the QB was set in place first.  As you know, it doesn't actually work that way.

QB is vital--no denying that, but a QB vacancy doesn't lock down the entire roster until that position is filled. 

Edited by 45catfan

7 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

Top priority, yes, but not necessarily the first move.  Things don't happen in a vacuum. If we are able to get a top TE in FA, we should do it and not worry about, 'well, we don't have our QB yet, so we might need to hold off until we know if QB (yet to be determined) will click with this TE.'  That's just silly.  If that were the case, any team lacking a franchise QB would hold off on roster building until the QB was set in place first.  As you know, it doesn't actually work that way.

QB is vital--no denying that, but a QB vacancy doesn't lock down the entire roster until that position is filled. 

Oh yeah I agree 100%.  I want us to draft a QB and hopefully we address several other needs in FA BEFORE the draft and before we know who our pick is going to be.  I see what you are saying and agree.  Also if we can't trade up and there isn't a QB we like at 9 we don't need to try to force one.  Like you said there are plenty of other needs to address.  

• Pie 1

12 hours ago, Jon Snow said:

So they just decided to hire the guy that was going to run the offense instead. This does nothing to help his cade.

9 hours ago, NanuqoftheNorth said:

Yeah, the argument that "Tepper's solution for improving the offense was the same as mine" (hire Reich), doesn't seem like it would help advance Wilks' racial discrimination lawsuit all that much. 

5 hours ago, Aussie Tank said:

So he based his interviews on maybes. Maybe I can get Reich to be OC maybe we can trade up for a QB 

I think you could make a reasonable case that if you don't hire Reich as HC, you don't get him as OC. Reich would have likely taken the Chargers OC job if his choice was between being the Panthers OC and the Chargers OC. Herbert versus no QB. Chargers weapons are probably considered better than current Panthers weapons.

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, Cavscout said:

Didn't realize this board had someone so sensitive. I heard fluffaphobic was a thing but wasn't sure until now. I'll make sure to post it more often to help with your sensitivity to the topic. 

I just don’t care about his personal life. It has nothing to do with the Panthers 

• Poo 1

19 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

You don't have to read them if it bothers you so much.

I don't. But they should be posted in a separate thread Frank's Family.

This should be a nuts and bolts thread on the plan moving forward.

I don't need to see his old Panthers photos I was there in 95. I don't need to see screen shots of his grandkids and two pages of people talking about putting her on tren and signing her in 20 years.

• Poo 1

1 minute ago, Catsfan69 said:

I don't need to see his old Panthers photos I was there in 95. I don't need to see screen shots of his grandkids and two pages of people talking about putting her on tren and signing her in 20 years.

cringe-old-man.gif

• Pie 7
  • Beer 1

24 minutes ago, Catsfan69 said:

The only person that has a problem with it is you. Maybe you should look inward to determine why it is an issue with you. The rest of either read it or ignore it. 

• Pie 4

56 minutes ago, Catsfan69 said:

what else can we do for you while you are sharing your personal requests for how the huddle can serve you?
archer woodhouse GIF

• Pie 2

1 hour ago, Catsfan69 said:

you need to drink some prune juice. you're just way too constipated.

• Pie 2