• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Reich New Head Coach

NJPanthers12

@amcoolio

btw, I saw your ninja edit just now.   When I say "what have you done for me lately?", I meant it in terms of the season overall he had.  This strange obsession with focusing on ONE sh*tty game out of the games he played this past season is absurd.   It's like people wanted him to fail so their narrative lives on or something.    🤔

Pff. Whatever.   He's gone so let's see if Brissett or whomever other Vet the Panthers sign becomes the new whipping boy around here. 

Edited by glenwo2

24 minutes ago, glenwo2 said:

hey. I'm not denying he was sh*t in that game.

But if we were to judge QBs on just ONE sh*tty game, there would be no QBs left in the league.

And don't be like mrINcompletely and attempt to whatabout'ism his past seasons where he's had sh*t for coaching and sh*t for O-Lines (something that's Ancient news and not relevant to the here and now).     Last season was the first time, he's had both that weren't sh*t.    And while he didn't exactly light it up like a Franchise QB would (thus proving that at best, his future is to be a backup in the league), he was decent enough to give the team a chance which is all one can ask for.     That is what I will acknowledge about him.

Now, do I think he should be brought back?    No.  

I think this team could use a Brissett instead (and hope that Fitts goes after him instead of paying up the nose for a Derek Carr).

But like i stated before to frank :  You can NOT want Sam back but still acknowledge he was Decent for us for 5 of those 6 games.  

Sam is better and has higher ceiling than Jacoby. 

22 minutes ago, glenwo2 said:

@amcoolio

btw, I saw your ninja edit just now.   When I say "what have you done for me lately?", I meant it in terms of the season overall he had.  This strange obsession with focusing on ONE sh*tty game out of the games he played this past season is absurd.   It's like people wanted him to fail so their narrative lives on or something.    🤔

Pff. Whatever.   He's gone so let's see if Brissett or whomever other Vet the Panthers sign becomes the new whipping boy around here. 

Its not an obsession, I'm just done with those types of games, from ANY Panthers QB. Its like we are in a different football league than the NFL, I don't understand how our QB play can be so incredibly bad. I don't care if you throw interceptions or make bad decisions, just throw the damn ball and complete a damn pass. Lets agree to move on.

• Pie 3

2 minutes ago, amcoolio said:

Its not an obsession, I'm just done with those types of games, from ANY Panthers QB. Its like we are in a different football league than the NFL, I don't understand how our QB play can be so incredibly bad. I don't care if you throw interceptions or make bad decisions, just throw the damn ball and complete a damn pass. Lets agree to move on.

NAILED IT.

(although I would rather the pass be completed to one of OUR guys.  lol )

• Pie 1

5 hours ago, jayboogieman said:

Good interview. I didn't like how often he brought up Tepper's name when talking about evaluating the draft class as well as the free agent class. Dave, you've hired some sharp football people. Let them do their thing and stay out of it.

Edited by trueblade
  • Pie 1

37 minutes ago, Ricky Spanish said:

Being disappointed that Wilks didn't get the job, and thinking they hired the wrong head coach are not the same thing. 

Yeah, Beasley'e putting how own spin on it.

Several players have mentioned being disappointed for Wilks but also clarified they have no issue with Reich. Some have even said they're excited.

• Pie 3