• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Do you trust Reich to find us (and develop) a franchise QB?

t96

Do you trust Reich to find us (and develop) a franchise QB?  

164 members have voted

1. 1. Do you trust Reich to find us (and develop) a franchise QB?

13 minutes ago, WOW!! said:

Some of you need to get over the thinking that Reich was brought to get a veteran QB.. 

The team is focused on getting a young QB.. 

If they were focused on a vet they would have hired Wilks because they wouldn’t need a person who can develop a QB right??

Last the Colts were in a different situation and the GM had more power there then the coach… They were way further along and thought they were a QB away from being a title contender.. And weren’t interested in rebuilding and developing a drafted young QB..

They were also interested in getting a young offensive mind. We see how that went. Just saying.

So what does it mean that we just brought back Eason when we already had Corral on the roster? Drafted by the Colts, maybe just a coincidence/guy to help speed up the learning process for whoever else we have come in? I imagine we'll start off with 4 QB's again but have a clearer idea of starter instead of that disaster of a competition last year. At the least Reich should be able to identify who is grasping the system pretty early on in the process. He switched things up differently for Rivers and Wentz so he's not completely stuck in his ways unlike McAdoo

3 hours ago, AggieLean said:

Yea, I think Stroud will be available around those picks. I think Levis and Young will be the first QBs off the board, but Stroud will not be available at 9.

Im with you on your first point. I was fine doing what we had to do(lose) to secure a top 5 pick. 

Eh...im just not as confident in that as yall are. Im not convinced Levis will be that highly valued. I think Stroud will be the top QB all said and done or maybe bryce.  Im just settling with the fact we would have to trade up all the way to one.

• Pie 1

6 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

So what does it mean that we just brought back Eason when we already had Corral on the roster? Drafted by the Colts, maybe just a coincidence/guy to help speed up the learning process for whoever else we have come in? I imagine we'll start off with 4 QB's again but have a clearer idea of starter instead of that disaster of a competition last year. At the least Reich should be able to identify who is grasping the system pretty early on in the process. He switched things up differently for Rivers and Wentz so he's not completely stuck in his ways unlike McAdoo

It means nothing. Eason can be cut at any time. His only hope is to stick around long enough to be a camp arm. After the rest of the staff is in place the focus will turn to the draft.  Corral is the only current qb that will most likely be in the qb room next season.

one would hope that Reich would be able to recognize the folly in bringing in quarterbacks to patch holes and will want to draft and develop one of his own. the situation in Indy was not his fault. Luck bailing on football left that squad a QB away from doing some great things and they tried their best to make it happen with 2 QB who were just too used up to make it happen. 

Run with Corral & Darnold this year, transition year an’ all. There’s a better ‘develop or decide’ option than jumping at this year’s crop, I don’t think they’re an upgrade over said current..

Rather take a beast BPA in the 1st, TE perhaps?, and watch the story unfold. There’s a solid foundation in place, rather gamble on next years crop of qbs than the meh group this go round..

• Pie 1