• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Joe Person on possible coordinator candidates

ncfan

8 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Rapoport and others have mentioned Gus Bradley as a possible DC but since he's still under contract to the Colts, you'd probably have to wait until they finalize their head coach hire to see whether he'll be available.

Unfortunately, that could be a while because it feels like the Colts front office is stalling so they can try and talk Jim Irsay out of hiring Jeff Saturday.

I read that Bradley and a couple of other coaches in Indy have said they want to stay there is the new coach will have them. Can't imagine that.  It may be just PC stuff but who knows.  And it  might make a diff if they get an offer from their former HC.

26 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Rapoport and others have mentioned Gus Bradley as a possible DC but since he's still under contract to the Colts, you'd probably have to wait until they finalize their head coach hire to see whether he'll be available.

Unfortunately, that could be a while because it feels like the Colts front office is stalling so they can try and talk Jim Irsay out of hiring Jeff Saturday.

If they can't convince Fangio to come (and he's likely to have his pick of options, including potentially SF or Philly depending on if one or both of their DCs get HC gigs), I wouldn't be surprised to see Kris Richard be hired as the DC here. Reich interviewed him after Eberflus got the Bears job and ultimately went with Bradley, but I would think Richard runs a similar system given they both coached in Seattle and the front office has already interviewed him. If they want to get a leg up and finalize staff prior to other teams even hiring head coaches, I could see them scooping up Richard if Fangio wants to wait it out or if he goes elsewhere.

• Beer 1

1 minute ago, UNCrules2187 said:

If they can't convince Fangio to come (and he's likely to have his pick of options, including potentially SF or Philly depending on if one or both of their DCs get HC gigs), I wouldn't be surprised to see Kris Richard be hired as the DC here. Reich interviewed him after Eberflus got the Bears job and ultimately went with Bradley, but I would think Richard runs a similar system given they both coached in Seattle and the front office has already interviewed him. If they want to get a leg up and finalize staff prior to other teams even hiring head coaches, I could see them scooping up Richard if Fangio wants to wait it out or if he goes elsewhere.

Everybody was trying to tie the DC interviews to either Sean Payton, Ben Johnson or one of the other young candidates.

Given what we now know about Reich having come prepared with staff options, I wonder...

• Pie 1