• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

KEY Player Retention under Reich??

bLACKpANTHER

4 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

He lived in Washington state for 2 years..... he was in california the majority of his life... He has lived in Charlotte for 8 years..

Why would he go to Seattle? 

I was a little curious about that as well. Pretty sure he calls Sacramento home and returns there in the offseason.

2 hours ago, bLACKpANTHER said:

DE, Ioannidis - Y/N
QB, Darnold - Y/N
C, Bozeman - Y/N
RB, Foreman - Y/N
LS, Jansen - Y/N
K, Pineiro - Y/N

Under Wilks, I would have said all but Ioannidis could get new contracts.. now under Reich it might be different..

Also, reworking Shaq might be done and he might just be cut.. I don't know. What u think?

No

Yes

Yes (and important to resign with how good the oline looked with him in the lineup)

If cheap

Sure why not

Open competition with Zane Gonzalez

Restructure Shaq. Outright cutting Shaq is tough with how terrible our LB core is outside of Luvu. We would probably have to draft a MLB day 2 in the draft to replace him or sign a FA, which I don't want to do if we are paying dead cap with cutting Shaq.

In the draft, we need weapons. Another receiver opposite DJ (preferably 1 that is tall) and a TE are badly needed. Slide TMJ into the slot and let him rotate with Shi Smith & Shenault. Shenault we can use in wildcat and motion sweep passes (like we did this year). Cut the rest of the bum WRs we have.

On defense (assuming we are 4-3), another edge and interior dlineman are a must (unless we sign a FA). It wouldn't hurt to upgrade corner, but I think that has to be a lower priority for us because every other position on D is so much worse. Slide Chinn into that hybrid LB/SS role and let him blitz or cover opposing RBs/TEs, where he is at his best.

For the draft, it ideally looks something like this: QB (trade to 5 or 6 if Young/Stroud there and give up 9, 39, 132) and then DE, WR, TE, DI, LB, RB/CB with the rest of the picks (hopefully DE earlier than the rest).

If we can't go QB, if we could trade down and manage to get WR, TE, and DE in the first 39ish picks (something like Quentin Johnson/Smith-Njigba, Kincaid/Musgrove, Ojulari/McDonald IV), that would be great and we can just wait until next year for a QB.

2 hours ago, 4Corners said:

Yeah let’s cut a performing, dependable player and create a giant hole on a very important position on a shaky defense. 

doofus. 

If you think arm tackle shaq is “performing and dependable” you’ve prob been watching the jags. And you don’t need to sign your work we all know you’re a doofus 😘

4 hours ago, bLACKpANTHER said:

DE, Ioannidis - Y/N
QB, Darnold - Y/N
C, Bozeman - Y/N
RB, Foreman - Y/N
LS, Jansen - Y/N
K, Pineiro - Y/N

Under Wilks, I would have said all but Ioannidis could get new contracts.. now under Reich it might be different..

Also, reworking Shaq might be done and he might just be cut.. I don't know. What u think?

Ioannidis, Darnold, Jansen are gone. Possibly Pineiro if Reich has a kicker he wants available.

Foreman's tape is gonna look good. Allows Reich to solely focus on QB because Foreman is good enough to hold the position down for another year. Bozeman is interesting but I think they'll keep him and it'll be an evaluation year for Reich on him. Thompson is up in the air. Luvu is the one LB that's a must, the rest are fairly underwhelming 

• Pie 1

2 hours ago, Carl Spackler said:

I’m also good with Darnold back as a backup, but I think Reich may want to go draft pick - Corral - Eason, or draft pick - Eason - Corral. 

With a new system being installed it could be Brissett, theres a handful of other backup level vets that could probably help get the younger guys up to speed at least. I imagine we'll have 4 Qb's for OTA's at least