• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Fitterer on drafting a QB this year

ncfan

5 minutes ago, ladypanther said:

IF you think he is the guy.  Will have other teams thinking...will they? he is not going to give anything away...much too smart.

Also 

we have the OL, we have the defense in place.  We have the stuff in place to put in that guy

• Pie 1

15 minutes ago, thunderraiden said:

Trade up to #3 with Arizona then trade up to #1 was the most plausible scenario I've seen. Ain't no way in hell can you get #1 when every other team bidding has a better pick than you.

This is supposedly what approximates the pick values NFL teams have used recently: https://www.drafttek.com/NFL-Trade-Value-Chart-Rich-Hill.asp?RequestTeam=car

Based on this, Arizona's #3 pick is worth 514 points. A "fair/even" trade would be our first and the 49ers 2nd (#61) and 3rd round (#93) picks (515 points). That would leave us with #3 for a QB and #39 for an edge rusher/WR/S (along with the rest of our picks). 

That said, seems like trading up into the top 3 tends to carry a premium rather than just what would be "fair/even", so may have to part with the higher of the 2nds or do #9 and #93 and next year's first instead.

Just now, TLGPanthersFan said:

Well we are gonna have to bite the bullet eventually. 

Yeah.  This team has not exactly gone places except the NFL Cellar and with next-to-zero results.

Time to put all our chips on the table and just go for it.

We suffer a bit for the present in order to have a better future.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

21 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

I dont have the conviction about giving up at least 3 ones for any of these dudes

I mean, I think I can name 2 in the last 2 decades I would have felt comfortable giving up the farm for. 

but we have been in QB hell so long I can make an exception.  Probably just cool w/ Stroud though.   I wouldn't like giving up a bunch for the other guys. 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1