• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

What would you give the bears for #1 pick

Jmac

12 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Burns and #9. Final offer.

Highly doubt that'd get it done but that's the most I'd be willing to give.

And that's assuming we build a draft board with a car and away #1 player available.

I mean.......they would get a good pass rusher and probably the top olineman.  2 things they really really need.  Not a bad trade all in all.  Still would like the 2 firsts and a second to wheel and deal

Let someone else trade up to #1. Our goal should be trade to #3 if we think Stroud is taken 4th or trade to #5 if we think the Colts will draft Levis.

To get to #1 from where we are, we are possibly looking at having to give up our 1st round pick this year, 2nd round (39) this year, SF 2nd rounder, 1st round pick next year, and 1st round pick in 2025. Just not worth it IMO.

To get to #5, I think we could get away with trading #9 and next year's 1st (or #9 and #39), depending on how many offers Seattle gets. 

#3 would probably take something like #9, #39, SF 2nd rounder, and SF 3rd round (or #9, next year's 1st, SF 2nd rounder, SF 3rd round).

I think with several teams fighting 2 or 3 QBs, you could see some bidding wars to move up. The Saints win moving us back from #7 to #9 probably equals the cost of having to give away the SF 2nd rounder in any trade up.

If we do trade, we absolutely cannot screw the pick up.

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, PleaseCutStewart said:

Let someone else trade up to #1. Our goal should be trade to #3 if we think Stroud is taken 4th or trade to #5 if we think the Colts will draft Levis.

To get to #1 from where we are, we are possibly looking at having to give up our 1st round pick this year, 2nd round (39) this year, SF 2nd rounder, 1st round pick next year, and 1st round pick in 2025. Just not worth it IMO.

To get to #5, I think we could get away with trading #9 and next year's 1st (or #9 and #39), depending on how many offers Seattle gets. 

#3 would probably take something like #9, #39, SF 2nd rounder, and SF 3rd round (or #9, next year's 1st, SF 2nd rounder, SF 3rd round).

I think with several teams fighting 2 or 3 QBs, you could see some bidding wars to move up. The Saints win moving us back from #7 to #9 probably equals the cost of having to give away the SF 2nd rounder in any trade up.

If we do trade, we absolutely cannot screw the pick up.

What if stroud goes 1?   You really going to trade a poo ton of picks for young or Levis?  fug that.

If we make the trade, I think I would do 2023 1st, 2023 3rd, 2024 1st. See if you can keep the 2nds to add some talent around the QB. Honestly I think that deal should get the deal done to go from 9 to 3. Let the top 2 picks play out and if Young or Stroud is still there at 3, make that deal.

For context, the 49ers went from 12 to 3 in 2021 by giving up 2021 1st, 2022 1st, 2022 3rd, 2023 1st. By going from 9 to 3 I think we can match that deal without the extra first. 

From cbs sports line 

NFL MOCK DRAFT
Round 1

Mock Trade from Chicago Bears
Round 1 - Pick 1
team logo

ALABAMA • JR • 6'0" / 194 LBS
PROJECTED TEAM
Carolina
PROSPECT RNK
3rd
POSITION RNK
1st

Carolina traded up to No. 3 overall and then to No. 1 overall. It is a similar model that Philadelphia used to select Carson Wentz in 2016. Philadelphia sent players, including Kiko Alonso and the No. 13 overall selection to Miami in exchange for the No. 8 overall selection. Then, it flipped that to Cleveland for the No. 2 overall selection. With the No. 1 overall selection, the Panthers select Bryce Young.
Round 1 - Pick 2
team logo

OHIO STATE • JR • 6'3" / 218 LBS
PROJECTED TEAM
Houston
PROSPECT RNK
4th
POSITION RNK
2nd

Houston does not get its pick of quarterback at No. 2 overall, but C.J. Stroud could still prove to be an elite talent.
   Mock Trade from Arizona Cardinals
Round 1 - Pick 3

team logo
ALABAMA • JR • 6'4" / 243 LBS
PROJECTED TEAM
Chicago
PROSPECT RNK
1st
POSITION RNK
1st

Chicago attempts to upgrade its pass rush with the selection of Will Anderson Jr. The Bears want to move back from No. 1 overall without sacrificing the chance to select a top defensive talent like Jalen Carter or Anderson. A three-way trade with Carolina and Arizona makes that possible as the Cardinals trade back to pick up additional draft capital in Monti Ossenfort's first year.

• Pie 1