• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

What would you give the bears for #1 pick

Jmac

8 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

So you think this roster is going to get us the #1 pick anytime soon?

Thats not what the roster is for or what I advocated, but it could if we go all in and trade the farm this draft.then it would be the bears pick again.

Edited by heel31ok

1 hour ago, AU-panther said:

wouldn't take it.

Problem with these trade hypotheticals is that fans look at all 1st the same and view trades in a vacuum.

Burns might be worth two 1st but what type of team usually makes that trade?  A good team, that thinks they are a player to two away.  Those type of teams are usually picking at the end of the round.

How many teams picking in the top 10 this year would give up their next two first?  probably not many.

So Burns plus #9 is really more like a top 10 pick this year and like a 24-32 pick the next two years.

Also its not just if our offer is fair, its how it compares to other teams.  What if Indy offers #4 plus their next 2 1st round picks?  They probably view that a lot better than #9 and Burns.  There is a good chance those two future picks will be top-10 type of picks.

Don't get me wrong, I think Burns is valuable but it would probably be more like 1st and 2nd this year, Burns, and a future 2nd.

So people get upset about these Hypothetical trades as if we are the ones themselves negotiating with the other team. which is a mistake to do so, this is purely speculative and for fun.

But People saying Burns plus #9 isnt valuable enough by itself objectively have no idea what theyre talking about.  

And lets break down why:

1. we have a top 10 draft pick, which is very valuable.

2. positions by value in the NFL:1. QB 2. Pass Rush DE. Think otherwise? just look at the history of the NFL draft over the last 20 years. only 1 player has gone 1st overall in the last 20 years that wasnt either a QB or a DE. What does that say? DE and QB are the two most important positions on a team.

3. Brian Burns value is high, very very high! He is a Probowl Pass rushing DE and at the young age of 24. Panthers were already offered 2 first round picks and then some for Burns and already turned that down. So we are already saying Burn's value is higher than that, very high. Probably equivalent to a top 3 draft pick.

That should be more than enough to get the first overall pick. If they wanted anything more I'd tell them to take a hike Burns isnt worth trading for Anything less than a legit Franchise QB level prospect. 

Edited by Doc Holiday

48 minutes ago, heel31ok said:

Got us to a Super Bowl...when we did it.

Once, in 26 years   Once

I would not exactly say a team was built for Newton 

I would say that Clausen was so freaking abysmal they had to take someone or the fans weren’t going to show up   I know  I was one of those paying fans 

so bad, they had the number one pick that year

they went with someone that everyone thought would fail. They took a chance 

Edited by raleigh-panther

2 hours ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

We didn't sign Coach to worry about the defense. If we wanted defense we would have kept Wilks.

This is not a rebuild roster. We need to win now. Nobody wants to wait next year for a QB. People said the same thing last year. Draft a QB develop him point blank. That's why we hired him.lol

You didn't listen to coach did you? He said to stay in the hunt for a championship, to stay a playoff team you need a top five defense.

Believe me, he loves defense, you're getting a balanced HC, not a hot shot OC trying to make a name. He wouldn't have gotten the job without having a defensive philosophy.

• Pie 1

Just now, rippadonn said:

You didn't listen to coach did you? He said to stay in the hunt for a championship, to stay a playoff team you need a top five defense.

Believe me, he loves defense, you're getting a balanced HC, not a hot shot OC trying to make a name. He wouldn't have gotten the job without having a defensive philosophy.

Coach needs a QB if he plans on staying here for a long time.

21 minutes ago, raleigh-panther said:

Once, in 26 years   Once

I would not exactly say a team was built for Newton 

I would say that Clausen was so freaking abysmal they had to take someone or the fans weren’t going to show up   I know  I was one of those paying fans 

so bad, they had the number one pick that year

they went with someone that everyone thought would fail. They took a chance 

It wasn't built for newton. it was built for delhomme.With Cam it was the constant complaint.