• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Duce Staley Joining Reich's Staff

NJPanthers12

29 minutes ago, UNCrules2187 said:

Wonder if it's as OC given position coaches who have the AHC title must be promoted otherwise they can be blocked from making a lateral move IIRC

edit: nvm, I think I'm wrong

I think the rules changed a little while back, but even if not I'm pretty sure it would depend primarily on his contract status.

If his Lions contract is expired, he can go anywhere and do anything he wants.

2 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

I think the rules changed a little while back, but even if not I'm pretty sure it would depend primarily on his contract status.

If his Lions contract is expired, he can go anywhere and do anything he wants.

Plus it sounds like the Lions granted him permission due to his family situation.

• Pie 1

14 minutes ago, ncfan said:

That explains the "how"

7 minutes ago, UNCrules2187 said:

Heh 😆

Jim Bob Cooter: Yep, he worked with Reich too (I mean, who hasn’t?) Specifically, as an offensive assistant with the Colts from 2009 to 2011. He’s the passing game coordinator for the Jags at the moment under former Reich teammate Doug Pederson. And heck, some fans want him on our staff for his name alone. Also just for the record, our former ST Coach Heath Farwell is on Pederson’s Jacksonville staff as well, along with our old buddy Brentson Buckner.

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1
  • Flames 1

Also from the Reich profile thread...

Duce Staley: Speaking of offenses people would like to steal from, the Lions. Word was the Panthers wanted to steal the guy who ran that offense for their head coaching spot, but Ben Johnson backed out. If you can’t steal Johnson though, maybe you can get one of his assistants. Perhaps even one who also happens to have worked with Frank Reich before in former Eagles player and coach Duce Staley.  Sure, why not? The tricky part here though is that Staley currently has an “Assistant Head Coach” title in Detroit. Would that complicate things? Don’t know, but it’s possible.

• Pie 4
  • Beer 2
  • Flames 1

Deuce seems to be a great get!

I liked that he’s coached a variety of successful backs(most notably Lesean McCoy)and nobody can deny the leaped improvement Jamal Williams had this year with 17 Rushing TD’s after averaging 3-4 for a few seasons prior.

I’m sure the success in Detroit is due to more than just him, but at least Deuce was a part of it and he can bring that experience with him. Also worth noting his years as a player with Andy Reid has HC. 

The more I read and see about him the more the hire looks great.

• Pie 2