• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Bozeman speculation

Mr. Scot

4 minutes ago, OldhamA said:

I've never been to Baltimore, but Charlotte is the most milquetoast American city I've been to. 

I spat my drink out when Steve Smith said as such on his podcast recently, paraphrasing "you'd better be ready to ante-up for Playoff tickets because there's not much else going on in Charlotte". 

Charlotte is nothing special. But Baltimore is a third world poo hole.

• Beer 1

17 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Charlotte is nothing special. But Baltimore is a third world poo hole.

As a teenager, we would drive from DC up to Baltimore to watch the Orioles play.  It was a hell hole even then.  You could park on the street several blocks away from the stadium but, you had to throw the local kids a few bucks for ‘protection’, to prevent vandalism of your vehicle.  You had to admire their idea of street capitalism. 

1 hour ago, kungfoodude said:

Good thing we had him "compete" for the job this past offseason. Too bad he "lost" that competition. 

As dumb as that was though I don’t mind keeping Eflein as a back up center. Rhule was right that he could play there. Obviously not on Bozeman’s level though.

1 hour ago, OldhamA said:

I've never been to Baltimore, but Charlotte is the most milquetoast American city I've been to. 

I spat my drink out when Steve Smith said as such on his podcast recently, paraphrasing "you'd better be ready to ante-up for Playoff tickets because there's not much else going on in Charlotte". 

I’ve lived in more than 15 major cities and Charlotte may be bland, buts it’s nice. So nice it makes it near the top imo. And I’ll take nice over ‘character/soul’ but shittyness any day and a lot of more interesting cities also have shittier shittyness.

Especially when you consider the cost.It’s not a top city to live but it’s better than average all around in my experience.

Now days a lot of cities are losing just being nice (clean, maintained, space) so it’s become a big factor for me.

I went to Baltimore one time, when we played the ravens back in 2006. Some guy tried to fight me on the way out just because I was wearing a delhomme jersey. Then once I got about one block over from the inner harbor I felt like I was in iraq circa 2003. Would never go back again.