• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Payton and Wilson

Mr. Scot

Bradshaw doesn’t seem like a guy who would make something up, so I'm pretty sure if he is sharing it, Payton said it. Also, if yall caught Payton's response to being questioned  about whether he'll allow Russ' personal QB coach in the facility, it's pretty clear Terry is telling the truth.  I think Payton's gonna look to get his own guy in there rather quickly.

• Pie 5
  • Beer 1

That Denver situation is just laughable.  

Wilson's contract doesn't have an out until 2026 & the guaranteed money is obscene.  If Payton doesn't like him, they may just have to roll with him until they start some scrub or mid round rookie.  

This may turn into the NFL equivalent of a Mozgov contract.  

Good for them.    

• Pie 4
  • The D 1
  • Flames 2

Highly doubtful.

I 100% bet this is twisting words and was something like ‘despite the season he had’.

Because he is locked down and a coach with options, who does not think he can win with a QB he is stuck with, probably won’t take the job.

Also, I am going against the grain here but I think Payton will find success if his defense is at least average and Wilson will recover.

He literally had ONE bad season and people think it’s all over. With proper coaching in place I think he’ll come back.

• Pie 4

1 minute ago, stbugs said:

I don’t think the Wilson story is true. He’s stuck with Wilson for 3 years at a minimum. You don’t take the job if you can’t work with Wilson.

His ego is larger than Wilson's. He is arrogant enough to think he can fix him enough to win with him.  Also Denver is a much better organization than Arizona.  Payton makes bank either way.

• Pie 4
  • Beer 1

1 minute ago, Jon Snow said:

His ego is larger than Wilson's. He is arrogant enough to think he can fix him enough to win with him.  Also Denver is a much better organization than Arizona.  Payton makes bank either way.

Yeah, I think people are underestimating Payton's ego.

Reference Taysom The Golden Calf of Bristol.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 2

9 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Look at the guaranteed money in Wilson's contract. You don't take that job unless you think you can fix him because you're stuck with him.

Worth noting though that the offseason didn't exactly go as Payton planned.

He thought he'd be able to pick his spot. Instead he ended up with the only team that still wanted him.