• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Sam Darnold

Shocker

1 hour ago, KSpan said:

Brissett is discount Teddy Bridgewater, zero upside and even less dynamics. Great guy, but if I'm going with a middling QB at least give me someone like Darnold that has a chance of making magic happen, a la 2021 game-tying drive vs Minnesota.

Actually, Bridgewater is discount Brissett. If you look at their pay recently, Brissett would cost more money.

The difference between Brissett/Bridgewater is that they can run your offense in an average manner, nothing spectacular. Darnold needs an offense tailored specifically to tale the ball out of his hands, because the more you lean on him, the more he is going to fug up. He also needs it to be very simple because he is not capable of reading the field as well as either of the other two QB's.

Darnold's "magic" has been maybe 1-3 games in his entire career. By any statistical measure, that would be a pretty obvious outlier.

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, glenwo2 said:

Sounds like Brissett is the #1 Vet the Panthers could use.

But can and will they go and acquire him?  

That is the question. 

We have no idea what they will do at this point. Lots of options.

I am not 100% sure if they have even decided to heavily pursue a QB in the draft. That will change your plans dramatically.

• Beer 1

11 hours ago, Carolina Mike said:

I’m sure Reich has been looking at tape for Sam already. I’ll wait to see if he pushes to keep or jettison Sam.

That is something I am watching as well. He may be the best evaluator of Darnold’s worth we have had. If we need to move on let’s do it. However, I hate to let him walk and turn into another Geno Smith for another team. 

• Pie 4

11 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

Teddy did fine with a similar roster, but worse OL. 

The receivers and backs were fine when Sam was riding high behind a potent running game. When he actually has to win with his arm and he looks bad like always suddenly we have no talent. These folks are delusional and clearly the kind of fans who were rabid Kyle Allen groupies. You can't reason with someone who considers the final game against New Orleans a real game winning drive. They don’t care about actually winning big games or being in the playoffs they just want a QB who fits into their box. Well I cannot fuging wait until the draft when Fitterer and Reich swing for the fences.

• Pie 1
  • Poo 1

5 minutes ago, Catsfan69 said:

Lol Robbie had the best year of his life for a contract. Where have we seen that before?

Curtis was a weapon not a great weapon but he did make big plays

DJ

Cmac for 3 games

And Teddy won 5 games with worse stats.

Teddy never played as bad as Sam did and Teddy had Erving as his LT… Sam had a legit OL with one of our top rushing attacks we have had in a while. Look how great our running game was in the games he won, Teddy never had that.

Wait Robby had a career year when Sam wasn’t his QB? That’s odd….

How many games did Sam win last year when he played much more of the season? Sam also can’t stay healthy and never has for a full season.

• Pie 2

6 minutes ago, frankw said:

The receivers and backs were fine when Sam was riding high behind a potent running game. When he actually has to win with his arm and he looks bad like always suddenly we have no talent. These folks are delusional and clearly the kind of fans who were rabid Kyle Allen groupies. You can't reason with someone who considers the final game against New Orleans a real game winning drive. They don’t care about actually winning big games or being in the playoffs they just want a QB who fits into their box. Well I cannot fuging wait until the draft when Fitterer and Reich swing for the fences.

Sam had a NFL record setting terrible rating. His team kept the game close despite Sam shitting the bed. That’s what you get with Sam. If the running game is rolling and WRs are open Sam can look the part. If anything goes wrong it’s a complete disaster. He is just mentally weak for the position. That’s nothing bad against him as most people are. 

• Pie 4

16 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

Sam had a NFL record setting terrible rating. His team kept the game close despite Sam shitting the bed. That’s what you get with Sam. If the running game is rolling and WRs are open Sam can look the part. If anything goes wrong it’s a complete disaster. He is just mentally weak for the position. That’s nothing bad against him as most people are. 

I got no beef at all with Sam the person. Said that many times. It's the looney tunes here who anoint him to a level he clearly is nowhere near. He had the one gaffe on that podcast which was pretty foolish and rather tone deaf to say when considering how many chances he's gotten. But overall he's kept his head down and he definitely hasn't gone on social media trying to clap back at Panthers fans like we owe him something.

All that being said we can find a better QB to fit the bill for what we would be asking of him in 2022.

African American Reaction GIF

Edited by frankw
  • Poo 2

3 hours ago, TLGPanthersFan said:

Over these last few seasons I realized this that some in this fanbase loves being fans of bad players. 
Never understood the Darnold fanbase that refused to see what is right in front of their face. 

A lot of people love to get behind an underdog story. They see the rare times the underdog wins, blocking out that most of the times, underdogs lose. 

Sam is also a “good” guy lol. A guy who keeps his head down, and is a lunch pail guy. We have a lot of guys who really like that, and that’s what they want their QB to represent. 

That’s why I believe Sam has the small following he has. He’s not taking you anywhere, but by golly, they want to exhaust all options before giving up the dream we all is going nowhere lol. The same way you have some fans that want another Cam, you have some fans that want another Jake badly. 

Edited by AggieLean

4 minutes ago, frankw said:

I got no beef at all with Sam the person. Said that many times. It's the looney tunes here who anoint him to a level he clearly is nowhere near. He had the one gaffe on that podcast which was pretty foolish and rather tone deaf to say how many chances he's gotten. But overall he's kept his head down and he definitely hasn't gone on social media trying to clap back at Panthers fans like we owe him something.

All that being said we can find a better QB to fit the bill for what we would be asking of him in 2022.

/cdn-cgi/mirage/da033922c06a714d2e83c4b9b6d5e38309d1faa0fbd603f795afa78708430833/1280/https://media2.giphy.com/media/VaC1P0Gz0D3NK/200.gif

Here’s where I see the disconnect on Darnold…

Posters, like myself, suggest Darnold is worthy of bringing back on a backup QB contract. 

Other posters then come along and act as if it was suggested Darnold is our future at QB. 

No, that’s not what I’ve seen posted here. We need a backup QB. We have one QB on the roster and he’s never played a snap in the NFL. It shouldn’t be considered “looney” to bring a backup QB in to play primarily backup QB on a backup QB contract. 

• Pie 6
  • Beer 1

20 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

You guys almost have me willing to pay to have the last two games run on QB School

I would like to see if I'm as retarded as you guys say or not.

• Pie 1