• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

“Holes”

ncfan

My only concern with trading up for a QB, is if it fails. If one falls to us at 9, we can select another next year. If we trade up, we're stuck for most likely 3 years without a second shot at a top prospect. I have no issues with drafting a guy and whiffing, but what's the backup plan if that happens and you do not have a 1st for the foreseeable future?

Point is, if we trade up to 1 or 3, we better be certain. Fitt's job is going to ride or die on the success of that pick.

• Pie 6
  • Flames 2

3 minutes ago, Luciu5 said:

My only concern with trading up for a QB, is if it fails. If one falls to us at 9, we can select another next year. If we trade up, we're stuck for most likely 3 years without a second shot at a top prospect. I have no issues with drafting a guy and whiffing, but what's the backup plan if that happens and you do not have a 1st for the foreseeable future?

Point is, if we trade up to 1 or 3, we better be certain. Fitt's job is going to ride or die on the success of that pick.

So your alright with throwing 2 1st rd picks back to back at a QB3-4 in a draft class

vs spending. 2-3 1sts for a QB1-2 in a class?

• Pie 4

12 minutes ago, ncfan said:

So your alright with throwing 2 1st rd picks back to back at a QB3-4 in a draft class

Lol. We have spent looking for a QB since Cam left a 2nd Rounder, a third rounder, two 4th rounders, a 5th rounder, 6th rounder, a horrible horrible horrible FA contract, $19 million guaranteed on top to another, and many restless nights with poo all to show for it and we still have mouth breathers talking about "lets not move up in the draft"

Edited by thunderraiden
  • Pie 6
  • Flames 3
  • Poo 2

I have always said look no further than the franchise tag cost and you will see where the value is in 1st round picks.

I completely agree that now is the time to make a move for a QB. My only caveat is I haven’t studied any of this draft class to know if one is truly worthy of a trade up. If we believe one can be a top 10 QB, then it’s really a no brainer, if however the brass correctly assesses this class and decides none of them can be that, then I’m open to all scenarios.

• Pie 2

4 minutes ago, thunderraiden said:

Lol. We have spent looking for a QB since Cam left a 2nd Rounder, a third rounder, two 4th rounders, a 5th rounder, 6th rounder, a horrible horrible horrible FA contract, and many restless nights and we still have mouth breathers talking about "lets not move up in the draft"

Indeed. We also have mouth breathers saying "I've fallen in love with the latest highly rated Draft prospect. Let's trade three first round picks for him".

• Pie 1

4 minutes ago, panther4life said:

I have always said look no further than the franchise tag cost and you will see where the value is in 1st round picks.

I completely agree that now is the time to make a move for a QB. My only caveat is I haven’t studied any of this draft class to know if one is truly worthy of a trade up. If we believe one can be a top 10 QB, then it’s really a no brainer, if however the brass correctly assesses this class and decides none of them can be that, then I’m open to all scenarios.

This is where I'm at, I trust that if we trade up its because Reich really believes in who we are moving up to select, if we stay pat we rated them all the same, I'm fine with either. But banging the drum about "NEVER TRADE UP" is the dumbest poo off all time.

Edited by thunderraiden

11 minutes ago, ncfan said:

Personally I see CJ Stroud and Bryce Young as QB 1 and 2 but I only see Stroud as the one that’s worth trading up for. Bryce is a magician but he’s going to miss games in the NFL. He’s just too small and the pass rush gets even better at the pro level.  If we can’t get Stroud by trading up I prefer we wait until 9 and select one of the project guys and keep our picks. We can do damage with 2 second round picks and 2 thirds. We need offensive  guard help desperately if we are going to start a rookie QB at some point. Losing both starting guards in week 18 will have an impact into the upcoming season.  Let’s not act like Bozeman isn’t the perfect fit for the Carolinas either. 

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, CarolinaRideorDie said:

A franchise QB can cover a lot of holes on a team! That being said, I do believe that our roster is decent. 
We do have young or reliable talent at the most important positions. We could use more depth however. 

But you’re not using premium draft capital on “depth”