• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

“Holes”

ncfan

3 hours ago, ncfan said:

So your alright with throwing 2 1st rd picks back to back at a QB3-4 in a draft class

vs spending. 2-3 1sts for a QB1-2 in a class?

Yes. Identifying a QB is obviously hard. We are more likely to miss than hit. I prefer more swings. Is there a correlation with QB1 vs 2 vs 3 etc off the board with success? Honest question, idk, but it doesn't feel that way based off recent memory. Strictly talking about top 10 qbs, which it's pretty rare for more than 3 going top 10.

2 hours ago, Luciu5 said:

Yes. Identifying a QB is obviously hard. We are more likely to miss than hit. I prefer more swings. Is there a correlation with QB1 vs 2 vs 3 etc off the board with success? Honest question, idk, but it doesn't feel that way based off recent memory. Strictly talking about top 10 qbs, which it's pretty rare for more than 3 going top 10.

A swing and a miss isnt just for qb you lose other players with picks you throw away.You swing for the fences when a big time prospect is out there.Quality over quantity.There are no bigtimes out there.zero,zip,zilch,

zowy, nothin'.

Edited by heel31ok
  • Pie 1

7 hours ago, ncfan said:

Buffalo’s only 1st rd pick on offense is Allen and only 1st rd picks on D are CB, Edge, DT, and LB

The Bengals only 1st rd picks on Offense  is their WR1, LT, and QB.  Defensively, the only guy in the First 2 rds is their Safety who was a 2nd rounder and hitting FA.

Buffalo and Cincy can't keep their high draft picks?

Also, neither has won a trophy.

6 hours ago, SetfreexX said:

A 45 to 50% success rate on 1st round QBs is not a smart bet. 

Who was the last QB that got drafted via a trade up ransom that worked out long term...

Wentz, Lance are the two most recent off the top of my head that teams jumped into the top 3 for.

Who else?

I believe history is on the side of taking who is available versus mortgaging multiple firsts. 

Sensible is all we ask.

7 hours ago, thunderraiden said:

Lol. We have spent looking for a QB since Cam left a 2nd Rounder, a third rounder, two 4th rounders, a 5th rounder, 6th rounder, a horrible horrible horrible FA contract, $19 million guaranteed on top to another, and many restless nights with poo all to show for it and we still have mouth breathers talking about "lets not move up in the draft"

Some would also say that with all of those efforts, if we couldn't find a QB before, what makes you think that buy throwing away future resources that they will make the wise decision this time???

We don't have a draft position problem, we have a long-standing QB evaluation problem.

• Beer 1

7 hours ago, Jon Snow said:

Awesome movie.

Can you explain this movie? I never got it when I watched it as a teen. All I member was bunch of teens in trouble are forced to dig holes and I think Sigourney Weaver co-stared. I member them bitach'in. But the message was over my head, I wasnt playing close attention and teenage brain not into it...

30 minutes ago, Basbear said:

Can you explain this movie? I never got it when I watched it as a teen. All I member was bunch of teens in trouble are forced to dig holes and I think Sigourney Weaver co-stared. I member them bitach'in. But the message was over my head, I wasnt playing close attention and teenage brain not into it...

Then watch it again. 

9 hours ago, stan786 said:

People always overrate how good other teams are. All NFL teams have holes there are just certain ones that are more glaring than others, specifically QB.

Coaching can mask those holes to a degree. For the past 3 years Rhule represented the biggest hole or as I like to call it, the A hole.  

Now that the A Hole is gone, hopefully some of those other things won’t be so glaring.  

• Pie 4