• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

McCown has already been scouting QBs

ncfan

27 minutes ago, MechaZain said:

Takeaways

• Young's processing and decision making is elite. Composure under pressure and ability to scramble out of it is very encouraging in light of the size concerns
  • Thinks the gap between Young and Stroud is not as wide as advertised. Highest floor of the top QBs
  • Levis has an elite cannon that keeps defenses honest. Reads well but questionable decision making.

Thank you for that summary 

• Pie 1

In a perfect world, the Bears stay put, HOU takes Young/Levis, and we trade with AZ to land Stroud. 

But...I just don't see the Bears staying put.   They don't have pick 32 (Claypool) and there's so many needs on defense and on offense around Fields.  I also don't see some huge tier difference between Anderson/Carter and the other DLs.  

If we want our guy, we almost HAVE to trade with Chicago to land him given their likelihood of moving down. 

The big wildcard I don't see mentioned much is the Raiders at 7.  If they don't land Rodgers, which is plausible, I don't see them wanting one of these FAs after enduring Carr for a decade.  

So let's say the Raiders trade to 1, the draft goes Stroud/Young 1/2, then what?  I'm definitely not trading with AZ for Levis or AR. 

This is going to be a really fun season of chess with who actually likes who QB wise.  

• Pie 3

10 hours ago, Reebis21 said:

This was my biggest take away from the Levis video. He was all giddy about Stroud and Young but for Levis all he could do was describe his physique.  

That is really what you hear from scouts about him. Great physical skills. Second best in this class behind Richardson. But.....the tape doesn't match that.

1 hour ago, kungfoodude said:

That is really what you hear from scouts about him. Great physical skills. Second best in this class behind Richardson. But.....the tape doesn't match that.

I just wonder how much can be fixed with good coaching.

That's something I'd like to see.....from a distance....on another team. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

1 hour ago, kungfoodude said:

And he's older than the vast majority of draft prospects. I'd feel differently about him if he was a redshirt sophomore but this guy shouldn't be so raw at this stage.

5 hours ago, AggieLean said:

If Stroud is seen to be on the level of Burrow by Mccown, then you have to go get him. 

Agreed. I'd take Young without any hesitation. I'd be ok with and would even be excited about him depending on who was coaching him. 

But I think Stroud is who I'm really hoping for. No one has me as excited as Cam did coming out of college, but that GA game is having the same kind of solidifying effect on me that Cam's Iron Bowl game did.

Mccowns video has really pushed me towards Stroud even more.

• Pie 2