• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Super Bowl LVII

Kentucky Panther

15 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

I'm sure they decided to employ tons of "consultants" and other morons who weren't qualified. It's like when someone opens a bar or something and it takes 3 months longer than expected to open then it's a week long poo show before opening day. It's funny BOA literally put grass down for that one Chelsea or whoever soccer game for one game and it looked perfect. Tepper can afford and knows how to put down grass

It's not like anyone would notice someone slipping in a soccer game anyway with all the flopping going on.

• Beer 1

11 minutes ago, Sgt Schultz said:

I think the last football game at that stadium was December 31, the Fiesta Bowl.  The NFL's grounds crew should have celebrated New Years Eve in Phoenix and been resodding on January 1.

Although it may have also been their new hybrid grass that was slick, who knows.  Why they would wait until two weeks before the game to do that is anybody's guess.   

I mean it is a golf turf. Idk what the point of using it in a football stadium was. Though I do think the paint job was also a large problem. 

1 hour ago, Cdparr7 said:

I really wonder if the pendulum will ever swing back towards the defense. Even Tepper said part of why he wanted a OC was because a new offensive rule is being passed every year.

IMO, get rid of offensive holding and defensive holding and let them go at it. Got to keep DPI and RTP but those are a little less subjective to human error I guess. 

As long as the perception is that offense= eyeballs and defense=boring, the pendulum won't swing back. It's just a question of how long before it's basically Arena rules out there.

I've been thinking about the huge call at the end there. If this has been discussed in the past 10 pages, my bad. But to the "you can't call that" and "just let them play" crowd:

So ... do you not call ANYTHING then? You just let them play? That's insane. So then, they only call blatant calls? If that's your stance ... do you mean to tell me you want players to be able to do small holds, tugs, grabs, etc. in the last two minutes? That's insane.

Do you want guys to just play and refs call blatant stuff, or want refs to be a judge and let small stuff go but call medium sized stuff lol? Jesus. Where do you draw the line?

The obvious answer is ... refs should make the same calls all game long. Whomever came up with the "just let them play" BS is a fool. JB admitted he tugged on the receiver. End of story. It got called. If you were a diehard Chiefs fan you'd be livid had it not been called.

So yes ... to you gentlemen who want the refs to keep their flags in their pockets ... where's the line? What should they throw a flag on?

5 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

It's not like anyone would notice someone slipping in a soccer game anyway with all the flopping going on.

Soccer doesn't have nearly the same amount of abrupt cutting and starts/stops as football. Some, sure, but more forgiving of poorer surfaces IME.

9 minutes ago, KSpan said:

I live in KC, have for many years. No, many, if not most, of them aren't.

You just have to let frank slide on here. He's not white. It's similar to how he laughs at many guys on here who have interesting opinions on POC. Let him think what he wants. No harm, no foul. It's just font on your screen at the end of the day.

15 minutes ago, Brooklyn 3.0 said:

I've been thinking about the huge call at the end there. If this has been discussed in the past 10 pages, my bad. But to the "you can't call that" and "just let them play" crowd:

So ... do you not call ANYTHING then? You just let them play? That's insane. So then, they only call blatant calls? If that's your stance ... do you mean to tell me you want players to be able to do small holds, tugs, grabs, etc. in the last two minutes? That's insane.

Do you want guys to just play and refs call blatant stuff, or want refs to be a judge and let small stuff go but call medium sized stuff lol? Jesus. Where do you draw the line?

The obvious answer is ... refs should make the same calls all game long. Whomever came up with the "just let them play" BS is a fool. JB admitted he tugged on the receiver. End of story. It got called. If you were a diehard Chiefs fan you'd be livid had it not been called.

So yes ... to you gentlemen who want the refs to keep their flags in their pockets ... where's the line? What should they throw a flag on?

I’d agree except the entire game these guys were playing physical on both sides and that wasn’t being called. You can’t set tempo of how you’ll be officiating for 58 min then freak out like a zebra and essentially end the game

• Pie 2

20 minutes ago, Brooklyn 3.0 said:

You just have to let frank slide on here. He's not white. It's similar to how he laughs at many guys on here who have interesting opinions on POC. Let him think what he wants. No harm, no foul. It's just font on your screen at the end of the day.

I'm not offended at all - it's random stuff on the interwebs and even I rolled my eyes at Kelce's comments. It's always amusing to see what blanket statements get tossed out and every so often the chance to comment on them comes up. There are some real dumbasses around here just like everywhere but it's hardly everyone.

Now to prep for the hundreds of thousands that will be out and about for the parade on Wednesday...

Edited by KSpan
  • Pie 1