• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Quarterbacks win championships

7 hours ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

That's true but not on this forum.

You got people suggesting Derek Carr over a franchise MVP QB Lamar Jackson.lmao

Some people just don't know football.

Don't believe go check out the Derek Carr thread. People really want that to lead us to a SB. Like dude has 1 playoff appearance in his entire career and he's 32 wtf!

I love you guys but some of you are funny as sh!t!

I love Lamar but this is an exceptionally strange argument to be making for a guy with a 1-3 playoff record.

• Flames 1

1 hour ago, Khyber53 said:

Offensive lines win or lose championships...

Great point. Look at the difference between the offensive line play in KC’s last two SB appearances.They couldn’t keep pressure off of Mahomes in the Tampa game or run the ball and got blown out.

KC kept pressure off of Mahomes last night (I don’t think they even gave up a sack in the game),  ran the ball well, and won their 2nd Super Bowl in 4 years.

Edited by SCO96
  • Pie 1

1 hour ago, kungfoodude said:

I love Lamar but this is an exceptionally strange argument to be making for a guy with a 1-3 playoff record.

Yeah, no Lamar is a former MVP but there's no getting around the reality that he has been a bad playoff QB. It's not that his team is losing despite a heroic effort from him. His team has lost those games in large part to him being bad in those games.

• Beer 1

9 hours ago, Shocker said:

Even if that isn’t called KC still kicks the field goal and takes the lead.  No way did that decide the game

It didn't decide the game but it did guarantee that Philly would have no time to potentially answer which they would have minus the penalty. They were going to get the ball back down three with about 1:45 to go. 

• Pie 1

You need look no further than the past 20 or so super bowls.  All but a few were won by a top tier QB.  Yes, other pieces are needed, but you've gotta have a QB.  It is just so incredibly rare for a good team to mask bad QB play, and that will almost always end up getting exposed when you go up against the better teams in the league.

Great coaching is key.  Both staffs called an excellent game on offense.  Reid's clock management at the end of the game was flawless.  I truly believe Philly wins if given enough time to march down the field. Andy didn't give them the opportunity.

Remember, Mahommes and Hurts were picks #10 and #53 in their respective classes.  You don't need the #1 overall pick, just a really good QB prospect, a great QB developer and a solid team around him.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

9 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

Great coaching is key.  Both staffs called an excellent game on offense.  Reid's clock management at the end of the game was flawless.  I truly believe Philly wins if given enough time to march down the field. Andy didn't give them the opportunity.

Remember, Mahommes and Hurts were picks #10 and #53 in their respective classes.  You don't need the #1 overall pick, just a really good QB prospect, a great QB developer and a solid team around him.

there isn't much difference between a 1 and 10 pick.  It's just team preference at the top who goes at the very top. 

Cam was the #1 overall.  If we hadn't occupied the spot he likely doesn't go #1 overall.  He wasn't viewed as a consensus #1. 

• Beer 1

We heard it from the horses mouth, multiple times, about where Tepper and Fitterer view this team. I'll caution that if you're joining hype trains about the 2nd to 4th best DL prospects or an overrated body-catching TCU WR, you're wasting your time.   

Scott himself said: they built up the defensive first, then the offensive, now is time for the QB.  Now, there will now be plentiful diversion between now and the draft, but that, I take at his word.  They think the team is there.        

If you wait until you have a plus-starter at nearly every position before landing a QB, you're never going to be in position.  There's too many spots on a given team; the second you patch it up, another pothole emerges.  If you have the key foundational pieces you think support a top defense and OL, then you have the squad necessary to add a QB.  At this point, the longer you sit on your dick, the quicker this kind of just deflates into the next lame regime.  

Does this mean we're done building the defense? No.  Same goes for adding playmakers.  He also said he wants to get "sexy" or whatever.  They are now in a position where they feel the foundation is set and they want the playmakers in house.  

I would fully anticipate a big move coming for a QB.  Likely via the draft.  They obviously want to and seems pretty evident they will land a guy somehow.