• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Anybody still not on board?

Mr. Scot

6 minutes ago, onmyown said:

I question why it was a vote with inexperienced people, most of whose (3/5) are not even football people. That’s strange. 

The only non-football people on the search committee were Tepper and his wife.

Fitterer, Morgan and Suleiman are all football people.

I still would've preferred Harbaugh and I would've preferred a younger offensive mind, but I'm happy with Reich and more excited than I've been in several years so I guess I'd say I'm "on board." I'm not sure he brings us a Super Bowl win which is the ultimate goal but he definitely brings us much closer to relevance and some sustained success/playoff appearances. I'm hopeful 2 years from now we can finally say we've had back to back winning seasons.

• Beer 1

1 hour ago, USDepartmentOfSavagery said:

I’m 100% on board no question about it. Just hope we get a QB competent enough to benefit from the coaching additions. This staff could look very different in 2 years. I don’t think you put a staff like this together without the idea/commitment that you’re getting a QB ready to win now. 

Kinda wondering if we’re secretly in the Rodgers sweepstakes…

• Pie 1

20 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

The only non-football people on the search committee were Tepper and his wife.

Fitterer, Morgan and Suleiman are all football people.

I am not talking about the search committee, I am talking about the supposed ‘vote’ they took between Tepper, his wife, Morgan, Fit…and I believe the team president.

Even Morgan and Fit do not have any history hiring a HC that I know about but at least they’re football people.

I could be mistaken on some of these details but the sentiment is that the lack of experience, qualifications, and extremely poor record of Tepper himself I would think would be slightly concerning to even the most rational/forgiving fan.

If it isn’t well, I guess I am just paranoid after a half decade of losing seasons and worst stretch in 30 years.

Edited by onmyown

26 minutes ago, onmyown said:

I question why it was a vote with inexperienced people, most of whose (3/5) are not even football people. That’s strange. Think it’s a bad sign Tep is still taking a very hands on approach. I also am skeptical that out of all the blunders that came with Rhule, Fit just went under the radar and somehow Rhule’s backwards GM hire is he’s totally qualified and everyone thinks he’s great/qualified. Also very strange. I also don’t like Reich’s stint with the Colts at all, but plenty of examples of coaches learning.

And Reich IS an actual football person. He does know what he was doing so I never doubted his ability to fill out a nice staff.

The question remains most important QB, and is Fit competent in filling out a real roster. I have these doubts and these will make or break Reich.

I will feel much more on board if they somehow finagle moving up and getting an elite talent. Reichs’ offense will look like trash with retreads and game managers.

You can't understand why an OWNER would be involved in a head coach search and hire? 🤨 The fact he didn't just make an outright decision by himself is a good sign. It's pretty unrealistic and naive to expect someone to be completely hands off of their team though.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

6 minutes ago, onmyown said:

I am not talking about the search committee, I am talking about the supposed ‘vote’ they took between Tepper, his wife, Morgan, Fit…and I believe the team president.

Even Morgan and Fit do not have any history hiring a HC that I know about but at least they’re football people.

I could be mistaken on some of these details but the sentiment is that the lack of experience, qualifications, and extremely poor record of Tepper himself I would think would be slightly concerning to even the most rational/forgiving fan.

If it isn’t well, I guess I am just paranoid after a half decade of losing seasons and worst stretch in 30 years.

Tepper didn't vote. Kristi Coleman did.

That means the ratio of football people to non-football people remained the same.

3 minutes ago, Soul Rebel said:

I was Team Steichen but have to admit, I don't see any of the HCs this cycle doing what we have done. Even the great and illustrious douche that is Sean Payton....I don't see his staff being one that I would be this excited about. 

If memory serves, I think some of the pro-Payton guys were probably the biggest anti-Reich voices.

Edited by Mr. Scot

1 hour ago, TheCasillas said:

You have to wonder with this new coaching staff in place... if we go get a veteran QB like Carr ... its bc this group wanted it. 

I wonder if a huddle meltdown would follow if that were to occur....

With this coaching staff, we’ll have options and a great contingency plan in place. In the event we don’t get a rookie QB in the draft, we could sign a veteran to a modest contract as a placeholder until we do. With the staff we have now, we’ve ensured of the resources and experience to help just about any QB be successful.