• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Carr’s destination betting odds

ncfan

25 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I wouldn't hate it even though I'm admittedly very tired of the retread carousel. I do like Carr and I honestly think he's a borderline top 10 QB in this league.

#9 is likely too far down the board to get the QB we want so we're left with either pursuing a costly trade up or chasing Derek Carr. Might as well make a run at Carr first.

Or trade our entire future for Lamar. That's the route I definitely wouldn't go.

Right now we have 1 QB that has never thrown an NFL pass and was "developing" under Matt Rhule. We're getting a retread, no matter what. The question is who are we going for and how much are we going to pay. If Carr comes at a bargain, great. If not, expect a Darnold or Brisset. This team is not going into TC without a QB that's taken at least a few NFL snaps. 

• Pie 5

42 minutes ago, ncfan said:

I mean to be fair

He was Mid with a top 3 NFL WR (Devante Adam)

and top 3 NFL TE in Waller

To be fair, Waller was out most of the season. I know because he was on my FF team.

However, he DID have an elite RB, who was also on my team, along with CMC, Chubb, and Foreman. Yes, I won. 🙂 

Edited by Wolfcop

15 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Not sure why all the panicking over the Raiders' lack of wins this year with the #28 overall defense.

The Raiders defense in recent years has looked a lot like Tony Romo.  When it was crunch time in a big game, you could count on them to do something bone-headed. 

Then sprinkle in the most overrated HC in the league who, as @SmokinwithWilly just mentioned, they literally cannot afford to fire (actually, they probably can if they simply don't hire a replacement, which could be an improvement) and you have the Raidahs.

My main concern about Carr is what he will cost.  I think his price tag is going to be out of our budget.  But, we are going to have to get a vet from somewhere. 

The other thing I am not sure of is why people think signing Carr or any vet means we are not drafting a QB.  Carr may take some of the urgency off, which at #9 might just prevent us from doing something desperate/stupid.  But it does not mean we are not going to be drafting one, be it this year or next.

• Pie 1

3 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Not sure why all the panicking over the Raiders' lack of wins this year with the #28 overall defense.

Exactly.  They have been bottom 5 in scoring defense for at least 6 years.  You need some sort of balance. 

The idea Carr is a retread is so lazy.  Carr is solid and should continue to play at a high level for at least 3-4 more years.

Carr went 6-9 in his starts last year.  8 of the 9 losses were 1 score games.  His defense was probably the worst in the league.  Carr could be a really sneaky smart move, especially if he doesn't have to win every game single-handedly. 

Putting Carr on this team immediately makes us the favorite for the division and hosting playoff games for then next several years.  Use #9 on a WR, then grab a TE in the second.  Spend the rest on defense and let our new superstar coaches go to work.  

• Pie 4
  • Beer 1

34 minutes ago, travisura said:

That's exactly why we need to spend our 1st rounder on a stud WR if we sign Carr. That's my whole point lol.

I've seen on more than a few spots that Quentin's stock is not as high as people think.  Addison is the runaway fave but there may not be a WR taken top-15.

2 minutes ago, Bear Hands said:

I've seen on more than a few spots that Quentin's stock is not as high as people think.  Addison is the runaway fave but there may not be a WR taken top-15.

Yeah I mean ideally if you can trade down and get some extra picks and still get your guy then that's the move. But I've also never been a huge proponent on trading down solely for value's sake. If you reach a bit but still get your guy, then do it.

Josh McDaniels is not a good HC.....look at his tenure with the Broncos.  Also, he traded away Jay Cutler and drafted T. The Golden Calf of Bristol in round 1.  Now he released Carr and got nothing in return.  I would not put too much stock in how Carr performed last year.  When Gruden was the coach he was a solid QB...if the price is right.  

Edited by thennek
  • Beer 2