• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

#1 CJ Trade

razorwolf

Just now, Navy_football said:

I agree. But that's what any team would offer, right? Unless some team with multiple firsts this year wanted to move up. Not sure about that, but generally speaking teams offer future first and second round picks. The Panthers would have had a ton of them. 

Yea, I’m just saying it probably would have taken #9, our second this year and all the Rams picks. Maybe more. 

• Beer 1

5 hours ago, razorwolf said:

Just a question to anyone. 

I’ve read different places about what the colts would probably have to give up to move to #1 (23: 1st, 2nd, 5th; 24: 1st), but I figure the bears are going to want more draft capital than that! But if the bears would accept a offer of that magnitude I’d think I’d be willing to give up (2) 1st (23’ & 24’), 2nd (62), and 5th (148) to move up to #1! What is your opinion on this scenario?

Lol...absolutely not

53 minutes ago, JawnyBlaze said:

Yea, I’m just saying it probably would have taken #9, our second this year and all the Rams picks. Maybe more. 

We would have to use our future 1st round picks not the Rams. We could not trade those in this year's draft unless the rules have changed. But we would have the Rams picks for ourselves or possibly trade them in the draft of the year we received them for. If that makes sense?

4 hours ago, Jay Roosevelt said:

A lot of timid fans on this board who are content with mediocrity, it seems. The same thing happened back in 2011 when half the board wanted us to draft Marcel Dareus over Cam Newton because of the risk involved.

They were wrong then. They're wrong now. Go get your franchise QB.

[The 49ers and Jets have entered the chat.]

So much depends on the movement of 

carr

rodgers 

jimmy g

once that clears, better picture 

the combine, too,  will be interesting if any of the top 4 are there 

I’ve wanted CJ or AR from the start.  It will be what it is   One has the goods and one can become the goods with maturity and coaching 

I’ll just say, if this experienced staff believes that who they pick is worth multiple picks, do it 

just do it 

42 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

We would have to use our future 1st round picks not the Rams. We could not trade those in this year's draft unless the rules have changed. But we would have the Rams picks for ourselves or possibly trade them in the draft of the year we received them for. If that makes sense?

You’re going to have to fill me in on that rule. Never heard any restrictions given to certain picks. 

46 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

I don’t think this applies anymore. Once picks are acquired they can be used. Seattle can trade Denver’s pick at 5 if they please for example.

If these teams ahead of us are smart they don’t take back a bunch of picks in this draft from the Panthers to move down.  This is a weak draft and if I am taking calls from the Panthers I want premium players or very high picks like 9, 40 or next years best picks in return 

Edited by Shocker
  • Pie 1

5 minutes ago, Toomers said:

You’re going to have to fill me in on that rule. Never heard any restrictions given to certain picks. 

I'm not sure it's a league rule for certain but it has something to do with making the future pick be determined on the trading teams record and not the team it was originally traded from or some weird accounting trick.