• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

would you be opposed to moving back up for Bijan Robinson?

micnificent28

Huge hypothetical here. It's a given QB is our biggest need and many things can happen there from a Carr signing to a Fields trade all the way to us moving up for Stroud or so. but say wr stayed at 9 and selected say Richardson, and kept all our ammunition. Would you be on board with selecting bijan robinson if he slipped into the 20s?

Let's remember Hubbard is the only other returning option as our current starter isnt under contract. RB is a need. Guy is hugely talented being compared to Barkley and given our questionable returns at RB i think it could be considered. What say you?

https://youtu.be/5Mmtfmqb0MI

Edited by micnificent28
  • Flames 1

Honestly, it's hard for me to think of a reasonable price that would be accepted in that scenario. 

Robinson is arguably the best player in the draft regardless of position but there is absolutely no way I would take another RB in the top 15 unless it was literally the only thing lacking on my football team.

It's just such an insanely devalued position. Just look at the playoff teams.

• Pie 4

Just now, kungfoodude said:

Honestly, it's hard for me to think of a reasonable price that would be accepted in that scenario. 

Robinson is arguably the best player in the draft regardless of position but there is absolutely no way I would take another RB in the top 15 unless it was literally the only thing lacking on my football team.

It's just such an insanely devalued position. Just look at the playoff teams.

Not top 15. I'm saying he slips to say 20 or so. we keep number 9.

We just traded away (arguably) the best RB in football.  And you want us to draft another?  Come on man.

The leading rusher in the SB was a seventh round pick for heavens sake.

If we trade up, it better be for a QB - regardless of what round we're talking about.  It's the only position in football worth trading up for.

4 minutes ago, micnificent28 said:

Not top 15. I'm saying he slips to say 20 or so. we keep number 9.

Yeah but I can't think of any trade scenario where we aren't giving up next years first or multiple picks(2nd and 3rd/4th or whatever). 

I would rather have a cheaper running back in the 2nd-5th round that I can get away with because we might have a pretty good OL. 

We gotta get away from this strategy of having an elite RB. It really doesn't matter anymore. Doesn't mean it isn't nice to have but it just doesn't win games in the modern NFL. If we can get an elite talent at a not 1st round price, all in. 

Yes. We’ve seen what we can do with solid mid/late round/undrafted backs if we were a team like the Bills or Chiefs it makes sense however with our roster construction a highly drafted rb let alone trading up for one should be so low on our priority list. IF we’re not trading up for a QB unless it’s for a DE WR CB OT (if we trade Moton) it’s not the move. I’m of the belief that you only trade up early for premium positions then maybe if a rb falls in the 3rd/4th you consider it if you have him rated highly. 

2 minutes ago, BrianS said:

We just traded away (arguably) the best RB in football.  And you want us to draft another?  Come on man.

The leading rusher in the SB was a seventh round pick for heavens sake.

If we trade up, it better be for a QB - regardless of what round we're talking about.  It's the only position in football worth trading up for.

We did trade away the best in the NFL and a lot of people are saying we didnt get enough for CMC. He helped carry the 49ers in the playoffs and the best friend of a young qb is a strong running game. I'm not saying trade up for just any RB. this is one of those Generational talents. Getting a sure fire stud at the position where we only have hubbard returning is very viable.