• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Price to move into top 3 based on past trades.

panther4life

I have no hesitation other than the evaluation of the (potential) prospect being accurate.

However, we've all watched many drafts and we KNOW how things play out. All these can't miss prospects end up busting.

Given that hindsight, I'm reluctant to trade away draft chips, and so many at that. The inherent and inevitable draft risk is always mitigated via opportunities. You've got to overcome the fallibility of the evaluation process, and more chances at the pot is the most reliable way to do that.

8 minutes ago, Jesse said:

fug them picks. We need a quarterback at whatever it takes in order to win in the NFL. I’ll be happy to trade a 24 and 25 1st to get to 3. 

Yea but what if the bears trade away the 1st? Then what u propose we do? That’d mean 2 QBs are already off the board by the time the 3rd pick rolls around.

6 minutes ago, Reebis21 said:

Yea but what if the bears trade away the 1st? Then what u propose we do? That’d mean 2 QBs are already off the board by the time the 3rd pick rolls around.

I think we have to whatever it takes to get up to 1, assuming the Bears even willing to part with it/ go down all the way to 9.

We have assembled the best possible coaching staff to groom a rookie and have a line that can protect them.  The timing just seems right to take a swing here. This coaching staff and the current talent we have makes me believe we won’t be inside the top 10 again, especially since our division is such crap

The only thing holding us back is truly not having a franchise QB. With the cost being so prohibitive to acquire a vet via cap space alone and potential other assets just all cements the time is now in my Mind.

• Pie 5

Historically if u look back at true bottom 10 teams drafting a Qb between selections 2-10, it doesn’t usually end up working out. 

I think Matt Ryan, Rivers and McNabb are the exceptions until recently with Herbert.

Unless u take the Qb at #1 as a bottom 10 team or as a team who trades up into the top 10, it doesn’t really result in success.

Usually I’d be worried about us drafting a Qb being a “bottom 10 team” but given we only lost a game due to DJ’s helmet coming off and then not replacing a complete moron for a coach last offseason, I view this team as one who shouldn’t be bottom 10.

I think if our brass has a clear cut favorite at Qb, gotta risk it for the biscuit and make a move with the Bears.

Edited by Reebis21

3 hours ago, panther4life said:

3rd overall pick: Last trade 2021, Dolphins to 49ers

49ers got 3rd overall

Dolphins got 12th overall, 1st and 3rd round picks in 2022, 1st in 2023

I'm ok with the the 2022 picks in exchange for moving up in a draft. No way I'm giving up #1 picks in back to back years for a trade if I'm a rebuilding franchise with holes at LB, S, CB, WR, TE, DT, DE, and  possibly even RB (if Foremen isn't resigned). The cost to trade up is too expensive.  If a team trades back, I think parting with your  #1 and #2 makes sense. A one and three is too much IMHO, but I could live with that because your debt is paid one year after you made the deal. These days if you make a move to trade up 6 spots  one season,  two years later you're still expected to give up you highest draft choice. Ridiculous.

Based on draft history, the top two QB's off the board will not be the only two QB's capable of playing in the NFL. They possibly may not even be the two best QB in their draft class. That mentality basically says we have an incompetent coaching staff that can only develop and win with 2 guys in the 2023.draft. I don't think that's the case at all. 

Edited by SCO96
  • Poo 1

2 hours ago, Reebis21 said:

Call the bears first and see what you can work out for first pick. Force another team to make a move cuz its gonna circle that we are interested in trading with them.... if bears take a better offer once its official then go from there.