• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Reich: "It will be a Base 3-4 Scheme"

Bear Hands

42 minutes ago, NAS said:

Has Derrick Brown played in this scheme before?

He's been playing in a multiple front defense since he got here.

I love it and while there may be some growing pains as explanted by Rodrigue due to the dynamics of Evero's defense you don't avoid changes intended to last due to upfront challenges. Coaching changes bring needed scheme changes. You want to run Snow's defense forever?

3-4 lineman and linebackers are relatively easy to get in later rounds due to how much attention prototypical DE and DTs get.

We have big bodied lineman and undersized athletic edge rushers.  

Edited by csx
  • Pie 2

You want bigger? 3rd round... LSU transfer - 2019 national champion.

Put this guy next to him as a 3-4 DE if he falls in the 1st round...

Brown - Ika - Carter would be tough for any 5 man OL to block. LBs would be free to roam.

If you want to go heavy defense in the draft, could get Carter, Sewell, Ika, and Campbell. Move Shaq to SS and leave Chinn at FS. The combination of Brown, Ika, Carter, Sewell, and Campbell attacking the middle would solve most if not all of the inside running game issue. That would leave Burns and Luvu to aggressively attack the outside and Shaq and Chinn to play inside out going downhill unblocked as the last line of defense against the run.

1 hour ago, Harbingers said:

3-4 is a shitty defense and this will be a running issue through his tenure here. 

It’s a harder defense vs. pass happy teams because it’s less predictable. However I agree I am not a fan mainly because a good NT is rare and makes the whole system work to begin with and the running D is already below average.

Contrary to worries in this thread though, Chinn is young, 6’3 220, I see no reason he can’t put on 10 LBs and fit in, he’s a playmaker.

Edited by onmyown

39 minutes ago, onmyown said:

It’s a harder defense vs. pass happy teams because it’s less predictable. However I agree I am not a fan mainly because a good NT is rare and makes the whole system work to begin with and the running D is already below average.

Contrary to worries in this thread though, Chinn is young, 6’3 220, I see no reason he can’t put on 10 LBs and fit in, he’s a playmaker.

NT are easier to find than dynamic DTs

The good 3-4 defenses are loaded with late round NT as evidenced by a look around at other teams depth charts.

Edited by csx