• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Gantt indicates the Panthers should bring in Carr

TheMaulClaw

Just now, top dawg said:

Even if true, then all the talk of Rodgers having no leverage and the Packers' actually refusing to trade him don't really hold water. They're not going to eat all that money and get nothing in return. That's just not going to happen. And, like it or not, Rodgers will play a part in where he's traded.

He may, but that conversation is highly unlikely to include the Panthers.

The Jets are definitely possible though.

12 hours ago, Ornias said:

Would Brissett be an option? 2 year bridge contract for like 10-15m a year. 

12 hours ago, kungfoodude said:

Brissett might not come at that cheap of a price. Upper tier backup QB's aren't usually at value prices anymore.

11 hours ago, kungfoodude said:

Some of that is market dependent, however. There have been plenty of offseasons in the past 15-20 years that backup QB prices spiked up.

Before I would pay Brissett 15 mil I would pay 30 for Carr. Difference of 15 mil for some decent vs a place holder. 3 years max while developing a quarterback. I hope whatever happens we draft a quarterback with our first pick.

• Beer 1

Keeping in mind that the football world is in the peak of the 'LYING SEASON', that will continue thru free agency & the draft. Talking heads will post anything as "facts" for clicks & reads. Please consider all of these "facts" with a grain of salt. Carolina FO & coaches should talk to Carr & any other player that could improve the team. If Carr fits into what they want to achieve, offer him a reasonable deal, if he declines, move on to the next. Reasonable offer: three years in the 80-100M range, starter position to be determined by his performance.

6 hours ago, Stuart Smith said:

Before I would pay Brissett 15 mil I would pay 30 for Carr. Difference of 15 mil for some decent vs a place holder. 3 years max while developing a quarterback. I hope whatever happens we draft a quarterback with our first pick.

30 mil is about my ideal price for Carr and about 10 mil my ideal price for Brissett. Now, would definitely prefer less but I would personally get a little concerned if we saw prices over that for either of them.

• Pie 1

22 hours ago, Ornias said:

Would Brissett be an option? 2 year bridge contract for like 10-15m a year. 

I'd much prefer Brissett over Carr due to price and I don't believe the talent gap is a large as some people would point out. Like the difference between the 10-12 best QB in the league vs. the 15-17th

no matter what though we HAVE to get a rookie QB. we have kicked this can down the road for FAR too long 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

59 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

As much as we talk about Carr we sure are taking our sweet time meeting with him.

Is a meeting coming or is this just talk for a guy we aren't even interested in?

He's been a FA for 2 weeks now.

Seems like the Rodgers decision is the first domino needing to fall.  

• Pie 2

12 hours ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

People better get used to Brissett.

Carr wants a bag and we don't have the money to go after him. We don't seem interested in Rodgers/Lamar either.

Brissett/Rookie QB always seemed like the most realistic option.

Not sure what we ultimately do, but $35M is not "a bag" for a veteran QB who has had the success that Carr has. 

• Pie 1