• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Top 5 pick Will Anderson says the best QB he played against at Alabama was Matt Corral

Dorian Gray

Lol, I wonder what the staff thought about that comment. 

Like I said in another thread ... if your going by the QBs in that game vs Alabama ...Corral > Young. 

Now if we draft a QB and this dude develops into the better option down the road, that would be very Matt Rhule-ish territory. Although a good situation for us. Unless drafted QB ends up a bust. 

As many dropped balls as he had in that preseason game, my biggest concern: his size (needs to bulk up) and his patience. 

Rhule may be an idiot and Wilks too as far as evaluating QBs. Somehow they thought Sam was worse than PJ (lol).

And even though I’m skeptical about Reich’s past QB judgements based on religion (Wentz)…I think if this staff sees something in Corral he will get his chance before the season begins.

However I personally think his ceiling is a career backup. How many great QBs went round 3 and later in the past 30 years? Like 2? People really think he 3 huh, that special? Dunno, plenty of teams passed on him and even took others before him in later rounds. Hard to argue with all of that and that statistic.

But then again I had to argue Zod until I was blue in the face Carr was a better QB than Will Grier so I mean I dk.

1 hour ago, Wundrbread33 said:

This guy needs a mirror. 

He's a douche don't even humor him. He likes to ban or bait into banning for personal fulfillment. He's the equivalent of a kid being picked on during school and growing up and becoming a cop to legally try and bully people who intimidate him. Everyone has an opinion, but some like to comfortably speak recklessly from a safe place because, in real life, they wouldn't even be man enough to look the other person challenging them in the eye like a man and have the same confidence they do online. I would love to see the poo talkers and people thinking they can act however they want to announce what game they will attend, and all of us meet up and bandwagon together and see what type of courage they have face to face. I highly doubt half of these losers would be willing to articulate these asinine thoughts in person. 

6 hours ago, Wundrbread33 said:

It’s okay not liking Corral as a prospect, but not liking him BECAUSE OF LAST PRESEASON like @Sean Payton's Vicodin apparently…is absurd in context. 

So early. Such a small sample. Awful protection. Leftover reps was all he had in practice. 

It says a lot about a poster when they write any player off that early. 

Never forget the week 1 “Icky is a bust” thread. 

How dare posters write off an extremely raw mid round qb that the last coach drafted and had fuging lisfranc injury and lost a year of development

It would be a miracle if Corral ends up as a decent backup. Most likely he's back in Mississippi selling car insurance by 2026.

Keep spamming, and keep coping. When the panthers draft a 1st round QB next month we will welcome you with open arms

Edited by Sean Payton's Vicodin

11 hours ago, Sean Payton's Vicodin said:

Whatever they do at QB, I can assure you that Corral will be buried deep on the depth chart at absolute best. Another showing like last preseason and his ass is out. Current staff has no attachment to him.

so if he has the best camp and preseason of anyone on our roster, he won’t get to play because the staff has no attachment to him? i expect it will be a fair and open competition, and he’ll get a chance to play his way into a roster spot

23 minutes ago, Mother Grabber said:

so if he has the best camp and preseason of anyone on our roster, he won’t get to play because the staff has no attachment to him? i expect it will be a fair and open competition, and he’ll get a chance to play his way into a roster spot

Something really crazy has to happen for him to look the best in preseason/TC. He is simply far behind even Sam Darnold and PJ Walker. QBs improve by being on the field, not rehabbing a serious foot injury, the same injury that pretty much ended Cams career.

Edited by Sean Payton's Vicodin

I know some folks here might feel otherwise, but Matt Corral only getting 31 snaps in the preseason last year while being the forgotten child behind Baker & Sam's QB competition (and the 4th string OL) is not enough of a sample size to say that it's a wrap. Sure, we can assume that because there's a new coaching staff that they're going to want a different guy but this is also the same GM that moved up to draft him. That requires equal consideration.

If anything, the fact that Corral was traded up for last year does give the team some flexibility at #9. They don't have to move up unless they fall in love with one of this year's prospects, and if those prospects are gone by the time the Panthers select they can still get a top 10 (possibly top 5!) player or move back if any teams are interested in coming up. That's a good thing. 🙂

Edited by Icege

9 hours ago, TJKJ23xx said:

He's a douche don't even humor him. He likes to ban or bait into banning for personal fulfillment. He's the equivalent of a kid being picked on during school and growing up and becoming a cop to legally try and bully people who intimidate him. Everyone has an opinion, but some like to comfortably speak recklessly from a safe place because, in real life, they wouldn't even be man enough to look the other person challenging them in the eye like a man and have the same confidence they do online. I would love to see the poo talkers and people thinking they can act however they want to announce what game they will attend, and all of us meet up and bandwagon together and see what type of courage they have face to face. I highly doubt half of these losers would be willing to articulate these asinine thoughts in person. 

You mad? LOL!