• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Per Matt Miller.. Panthers all in on Richardson?

micnificent28

Has all the upside in the world, cannon of an arm, 6’4 with a filled out 234 pound frame that could probably hold another 5 lean, speed to shred defenses. If there’s a guy you shoot your poo with its this guy, it’s not even boom or bust worst case he’s a top 3 running qb out the gate and is a gadget guy. If he hits though we’re talking a top 5 QB who could carry an offense ala Cam Newton. I never thought we would see a prospect reminiscent of Cam but here we are. I miss watching a freak athlete behind center, I was nine years old when he got drafted and he’s the biggest reason I fell in love with this team. 

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1

7 hours ago, ForJimmy said:

He has the physical tools, intelligence, and wants to grow. I mean if our staff is as good as advertised then I get the hype.

I really don't understand what you're saying. What does our staff have to do with AR's hype? They're not miracle workers, they are coaches. Whether Richardson improves would mostly be on him, and he has a very long way to go by all accounts. He's far from Willis raw though. He has to commit to developing his pocket presence, and basically learn the complexity and nuances of the position. His tape is all over the place.

He certainly didn't look anywhere close to Stroud vs UGA.

I'm not trying to talk bad about the kid, but he needs a lot of work, and people need to be realistic.

• Pie 2

8 minutes ago, top dawg said:

I really don't understand what you're saying. What does our staff have to do with AR's hype? They're not miracle workers, they are coaches. Whether Richardson improves would mostly be on him, and he has a very long way to go by all accounts. He's far from Willis raw though. He has to commit to developing his pocket presence, and basically learn the complexity and nuances of the position. His tape is all over the place.

I'm not trying to talk bad about the kid, but he needs a lot of work, and people need to be realistic.

Florida has immensely less talent than OSU on offense. That being said, look at every single game UGA played this season. Only three QB passed for 250 yards or more against UGA, and only Richardson and Stroud made it to 250+ with a TD without an INT. 

• Pie 2

7 minutes ago, top dawg said:

Our staff has plenty to do with the development of a QB. Sure it certainly involves AR taking the next steps and putting in his time to get better, but if you think a staff isn’t at least partially responsible for the development of a young QB we are just too far apart on this topic.
Building the right roster/system around a QB like AR is going to be very important. Look what the Eagles staff did with Hurts when they matched their roster/play calling to his strengths. Look how Daboll helped Allen develop in Buffalo. It’s no coincidence that Daniel Jones immediately looked better the one year Daboll was there. It’s also no coincidence that Wentz got much worse when Reich left the Eagles. Even Alex Smith suddenly looks solid when he goes to play for Andy Reid. Geno Smith looked his best his one year under Carroll…

Comparing AR to Stroud with the supporting cast around each QB seems kind of pointless. Put AR on OSU and Stroud on Florida and that tape looks a lot different. I do agree that Stroud is the much more polished passer and I prefer Stroud over AR, but AR’s ceiling definitely passes Stroud.