• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Per Matt Miller.. Panthers all in on Richardson?

micnificent28

At this point I do think we're going to have to still trade up to ensure we get Richardson. At least up to #5 or #6.

My only concern is who the bridge QB is. I would hope they'd look for someone other than Sam Darnold to fill that role. We know how that story ends. There's no reason we shouldn't be able to draft Richardson and sit him for a year while still winning the division this year, but it'll take a better QB than Sam Darnold.

Then again how nice would it be to end up picking high enough next year to draft Brock Bowers at TE for AR to throw to? 😶

Just now, top dawg said:

All a part of the attraction.

The seeming dichotomy between Young and Richardson will make for must-see TV

It’s definitely overhyped, but size is a factor in scouting. If it wasn’t Young would be the next Luck/Burrow prospect. 

• Pie 2

1 minute ago, Tbe said:

If they really are keying in on Richardson, it is because they think they can fix his accuracy issues AND because they don’t think they have a shot at the other guys.

I said a few days ago in another thread, that I think they are looking at a scenario of Carr/Darnold + Richardson/Hooker.

That feels somewhat realistic to me.

What I think ultimately happens is that they will try to trade down a few spots to pick up some extra picks if they sign Carr. They will draft a TE or WR and a developmental qb to sit behind Carr to develop. The order of those selections will depend on how the qb's come off the board. 

• Pie 1

5 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

What I think ultimately happens is that they will try to trade down a few spots to pick up some extra picks if they sign Carr. They will draft a TE or WR and a developmental qb to sit behind Carr to develop. The order of those selections will depend on how the qb's come off the board. 

If we sign Carr I wouldn't mind trading back a bit at all. We could slide back and pick up extra picks and still land a top WR or TE prospect. Honestly with #39 in our back pocket we could probably come out of the draft with top prospects in both position groups.

• Pie 2

1 minute ago, LinvilleGorge said:

If we sign Carr I wouldn't mind trading back a bit at all. We could slide back and pick up extra picks and still land a top WR or TE prospect. Honestly with #39 in our back pocket we could probably come out of the draft with top prospects in both position groups.

I'm guessing the staff is thinking the same thing. 

5 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

Wouldn’t Corral be that dev QB? Why waste a pick on another day 2/3 unknown?

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, Tbe said:

Wouldn’t Corral be that dev QB? Why waste a pick on another day 2/3 unknown?

He may be in the mix. I'm going on the assumption they are drafting one as every indication I've seen says they are. I suppose it's in the realm of possibilities that they do forgo drafting one from this class. It certainly could be all a smokescreen.