• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Anthony Richardson draft stock

NAS

Florida quarterback Anthony Richardson may have done more than any other player to improve his draft stock at the Scouting Combine.

Richardson was outstanding in Indianapolis, and as a result he’s now listed behind Alabama’s Bryce Young in the betting odds to be the first quarterback drafted. Young remains the favorite at -240, but Richardson is now second at +380.

Ohio State’s C.J. Stroud has moved down to third at +430, while Kentucky’s Will Levis is a long shot at +1100. The extreme long shots are Stanford’s Tanner McKee at +7500 and Tennessee’s Hendon Hooker at +7500.

How did Richardson do it? By putting on one of the most impressive performances in Scouting Combine history. His vertical jump was the best ever for a quarterback. His broad jump was also the best ever for a quarterback. At 6-foot-4 and 240 pounds, with a 40-yard dash time of 4.43 seconds, he would be considered an elite athletic prospect at any position, not just quarterback.

But even more impressive was Richardson’s arm in the throwing drills. Richardson unleashed a series of 60-yard throws that landed in his receivers’ hands. Richardson’s arm talent is remarkable.

Richardson is not a perfect prospect. He completed just 53.8 percent of his passes last season at Florida, and he started just 13 games in his college football career. Completion percentage and games started are two of the college quarterback stats with the best track record for predicting NFL success, and Richardson ranks near the bottom of all the quarterbacks in this year’s draft in both categories.

But some NFL team is going to fall in love with Richardson’s raw talent, make him a first-round pick, and hope to develop him into a franchise starter for years to come.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2023/03/05/anthony-richardsons-sensational-combine-performance-raises-his-draft-stock/

7 minutes ago, Sean Payton's Vicodin said:

I still want Stroud but I wouldn't be mad at all at getting AR15. Needs to sit a year though.

Same.  AR reminds me of a more explosive Josh Allen as a prospect 

• Pie 1

6 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

Posting this again: At this point last year …. Malik Willis was projected to be a top 3 overall pick after the combine and pro day.

dont fall for the hype machine and get angry if your team doesn’t draft who the media wants you to love.

Willis had the arm but he wasnt 6-4 244 and didnt obliterate the combine on qb day.  Willis was a pussy and didnt run the 40

• Pie 4
  • Beer 1

3 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

Still was mocked to be at the top of the draft after the underwear olympics.

Thats fair but I think once he was on the radar after the senior bowl and combine teams dug into his tape, school and overall game and cooler heads prevailed on draft day.  Maybe that happens to AR but all we heard yesterday was Cam cam cam.  Maybe that dies and AR falls but as we sit here on March 5th I would bet anything he goes top 5.

And if you go back I was very much anti willis for numerous reasons.   If we leave this draft with either Stroud or AR I will be a happy panther fan.

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1

17 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

Posting this again: At this point last year …. Malik Willis was projected to be a top 3 overall pick after the combine and pro day.

dont fall for the hype machine and get angry if your team doesn’t draft who the media wants you to love.

Players rise and fall in projections(and the draft) all the time. There’s no comparison between Richardson and Willis. The comparison is lazy.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

2 minutes ago, Donald LaFell said:

Players rise and fall in projections(and the draft) all the time. There’s no comparison between Richardson and Willis. The comparison is lazy.

The player comparison isnt the topic. its the hype of a player and projected draft spot at this point of the year. 

• Pie 2