• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Via Panthers Wire via The Athletic , Person says we like AR, but not enough. Buzz about the 3rd

top dawg

3 minutes ago, La Pantera said:

Most of those same knocks apply to AR, but they're overlooked by fans because he's a "superior athlete".

That's true. But if it comes down to two QBs who have footwork and accuracy issues and one of them is a freak athlete and one isn't, I'm taking the freak athlete.

• Pie 4

6 minutes ago, travisura said:

Speaking only for myself, I just can't shake the feeling that he's Zach Wilson 2.0. From what I've seen, his footwork and accuracy leave much to be desired. I could very well be wrong, and if we draft him, I'd be rooting for him all the way, but nonetheless I'd still be disappointed on drafting Levis and missing out on the other three.

That's fair.. just a quick note on the footwork. As it was shared in the combine thread... his footwork was elite during the throwing session. Kurt Warner was raving about it and SS sr. was agreeing. The way his feet moved his throw cadence was what scouts are probably droooling about right now. One thing to keep in mind is that Saturday was the first time people have been able to see a healthy Will Levis since September. 

I think Levis is going to be a great QB in the league, as I have stated much on this message board. He is just an easy target right now for scrutiny. 

• Pie 3

What AR did physically in the workouts don't matter as much. I think the Panthers really wanted to sit down with him in the private interviews to gauge his leadership, football knowledge, and competitiveness. I think Young and Stroud have him beat in that department and that's why they are ranking him lower. He did boost his stock at the combine and I think the Panthers would feel better about drafting him if they miss out of Young or Stroud. It's still a good interaction overall 

• Pie 1

25 minutes ago, travisura said:

I think you might be understating how many people would be disappointed with Levis, and overstating how many people don't care which one of the top 4 we end up taking.

Well if you have your heart set on one specific guy you will most likely be disappointed. 

1 minute ago, Kentucky Panther said:

I just saw where we might be interested in Mecole Hardman. I would love that signing. 

yeah that'd be an interesting one, I'm not sure he's the ideal WR2 but he won't cost an insane amount like guys who could fit that bill. With TMJ emerging a bit last year with more competent coaching that's a decent mix of types of players. DJ all around WR1, Mecole top deep threat, TMJ big bodied guy with a catch radius. 

I doubt we spend enough to get him but it'd be nice to snatch Dalton Schaltz away from Dallas. With our OL from last year, a legit QB and those weapons man we'd be in great shape. Could either re-sign Foreman or get another vet like Jamaal Williams and draft another upside back on day 3 and roll with them and Chuba. I'd be so pumped

• Beer 1

2 minutes ago, Kentucky Panther said:

I see where you are very anti trading up. To me the move is not desperate as long as our staff truly believes our franchise QB is in this class. 

Its the " have to" I commented on and it is desperation to think we have to.Im not anti-moving up Im anti-over paying to move up.

7 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

That's fair.. just a quick note on the footwork. As it was shared in the combine thread... his footwork was elite during the throwing session. Kurt Warner was raving about it and SS sr. was agreeing. The way his feet moved his throw cadence was what scouts are probably droooling about right now. One thing to keep in mind is that Saturday was the first time people have been able to see a healthy Will Levis since September. 

I think Levis is going to be a great QB in the league, as I have stated much on this message board. He is just an easy target right now for scrutiny. 

Well we shall see. And like I said, if we pick him, I'll behind him 100%, same as all the other prospects.