• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

So... Common Sense Says We're Drafting Stroud... Right????

tukafan21

35 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Im fine with either tbh

I just prefer Stroud because of the size factor. If Bryce was taller and bigger he is probably the undisputed #1 player in this draft. The only questions with him is size and durability.

See that’s the thing. Young is a complete QB prospect with one glaring flaw….size. 

Should we pass up the best QB because he “might get hurt”? He also might not ever miss serious time. 

I guess my point is, the only consistent issue with him is size. He’s the best QB if he was bigger. 

It’s a pickle. 

3 minutes ago, Wundrbread33 said:

See that’s the thing. Young is a complete QB prospect with one glaring flaw….size. 

Should we pass up the best QB because he “might get hurt”? He also might not ever miss serious time. 

I guess my point is, the only consistent issue with him is size. He’s the best QB if he was bigger. 

It’s a pickle. 

I just look at Young and look at a guy like Tua. It's enough for me to go Stroud.

What good is he if he is injured because of his frame?

I watched him take some nasty hits at Alabama to his credit he got up. NFL is a different beast this is grown men hitting him and the best of the best.

• Pie 1

5 minutes ago, Wundrbread33 said:

It’s a pickle. 

There is no better ability in sports than availability.  It doesn't matter how good you are, if you aren't healthy enough to play, your skill means nothing.

If we're talking about any position other than QB, then yea, maybe you take the chance on the "better player" as opposed to the one who has a lesser chance of getting hurt.  But Young's lack of bulk is a significant factor that can't be ignored, particularly after giving up everything we had to give up to get here.

If we just had the #1 pick from the start and could take Young without giving up future assets, then it's a little different, but we gave up far too much to take the risk on someone of his size.

• Pie 3

1 hour ago, jasonluckydog said:

I'm confused on how this helps the Panthers. Yes we get the #1 pick,  we will draft a new QB. But who is the QB going to throw too? McCaffrey is gone and traded Williams, oline is ok. Only good players left is RB Foreman and WR Marshall. Looks like the Jets/Zach Wilson scenario. I'm confused on how this helps the Panthers. Yes they get #1 pick, presumably they will draft a new QB. But who is the QB going to throw too? McCaffrey is gone and traded Williams, oline is not good. Only good players left is RB Foreman and WR Marshall. Looks like the Jets/Zach Wilson scenario 

I don’t understand your arguments at all. What has ANY of those players done to take us to the playoffs? Nothing. Do you not understand how FA works? The other draft picks? 

For the millionth time - we go NOWHERE without a franchise QB. About time we were aggressive about it.

Edited by Knaakedup

If we had any common sense we would draft all defense , I don't see how anyone can think QB is our biggest need after the events in Tampa we do not speak of anymore , David Tepper doesn't own the Carolina Panthers, Mike Evans does 

Even in a QB driven league, we are not winning anything without defensive depth 

• The D 1
  • Poo 1

1 hour ago, Day1PanthersFan said:

If we had any common sense we would draft all defense , I don't see how anyone can think QB is our biggest need after the events in Tampa we do not speak of anymore , David Tepper doesn't own the Carolina Panthers, Mike Evans does 

😳

from one of the 18 other threads on this topic…

it just seems that the only reason to go to 1 is for stroud. Levi’s will be there at 3. If they think Stroud is dat dude, then gitter dunn and lets fuggin go.

if they take Levi’s at 1, then i expect it’s because the trade packages for 1 and 3 were similar, or even that Chicago wanted less.

moving back to 2 and taking Levi’s there, while picking back up next years 1 would be a 4D chess move.

1 hour ago, Day1PanthersFan said:

D and WR can be picked up in free agency. Franchise QBs can’t. You need to draft one and hold onto it like your favorite stuffed animal when you were 2.

• Pie 1