• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Who's your 3-4?

Mr. Scot

5 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

I think we will sign a WR in free agency, but the rest of the $$$ will go to find 2-3 free agents--a NT, S (depending on Chinn's involvement) and maybe CB (remember what Brady did to us, and we can count on Action Jackson for about a half season).  I think Shaq and Luvu will be the inside LBs.

I’m wanting Bozeman and one of the top TEs available in FA plus at WR like Hyatt/Downs at 39. I think our OL would be set (starters at least) adding Schultz/Gesicki and our rookie WR will help offset the loss of DJ Moore. Grab a mid round RB and our offense should be capable. 

• Beer 1

54 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

I think we will sign a WR in free agency, but the rest of the $$$ will go to find 2-3 free agents--a NT, S (depending on Chinn's involvement) and maybe CB (remember what Brady did to us, and we can count on Action Jackson for about a half season).  I think Shaq and Luvu will be the inside LBs.

I think we need to move Chinn for a player or draft capital.  He seems like a man without a country in the new 3-4, cover 2.  What a shame.  Any team come to mind that needs a good Kam Chancelor type SS?

Edited by bythenbrs

1 hour ago, bythenbrs said:

Where's YGM?  I'm afraid you're going to say 'bench' but, it is what it is...

Rotational? Honestly, he's been not a disappointment but more of a "meh" player. Maybe he comes alive in the new scheme, maybe he doesn't.

I think we kept a lot of bubble players because Rhule thought they either fit his culture or were just about ready to drink his Kool-Ade. Still, in YGM's case, he hasn't been that expensive and he has been uninjured and available... if you're that kind of guy and get lucky, you can have a decent NFL career. There are 10  year vets that rarely touch a starting lineup but they hang on because they are okay, healthy, quiet and inexpensive.

• Pie 1

If YGM is used on the front of a 3-4 line we are doomed. He will get eaten alive. 

Best way I see it if you’re actually going to compete:

DE: Resign Anderson or Ioannidis maybe John Cominsky if available. 

NT: Free Agent

DE: Brown

Edge: Luvu

ILB: Thompson

ILB: Draft a guy like Campbell or Eichenburg/Maybe sign a guy like Edmunds but doubt we have the cap.

Edge: Burns

OLB- Burns, Chinn (Haynes, Barno)

ILB- Shaq, Luvu, (Smith)

NT- FA, draft pick, (McCall)

DE- Brown, FA, YGM, draft pick

CB- Jackson, Henderson

CB-Horn, Taylor

SS-Woods, (re-sign Burris Or Franklin cheap)

FS- FA, (draft pick)

Nickle- FA

Chinn is going to have to add some weight, but I think he will do better on the outside than inside.  He can drop in coverage and also see him doing better against OTs/TEs than the interior guys.  I don't agree with trading him, he's too good of a player.  We have the staff to find him a home and max out his potential.

The team ran lots of 3-4 looks over the last few years. Phil snow was a multi front guy. Last year alone Burns was more a stand up rusher then most seem to remember. 

So base off what they have played before I would say:

olb- draft pick/Haynes/Barno

Ilb- Luvu  

Ilb- Thompson 

Olb- Burns 

De- YGM

De- Brown 

Nt- draft pick/ McCall

5 hours ago, ForJimmy said:

I’m wanting Bozeman and one of the top TEs available in FA plus at WR like Hyatt/Downs at 39. I think our OL would be set (starters at least) adding Schultz/Gesicki and our rookie WR will help offset the loss of DJ Moore. Grab a mid round RB and our offense should be capable. 

Probably the best case scenario…would be nice