• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers sign Saints DT Shy Tuttle

TheSpecialJuan

22 minutes ago, tukafan21 said:

Seriously?!?!

We're giving $13 million guaranteed to a DT nobody has heard of right off the bat in FA?!?!?

Good thing we don't have more important holes out there like WR, TE, CB, DE, LB

You're right, now how am I gonna spend 18 weeks complaining about how bad our run defense is???

We have Derrick Brown!! just leave him as a tweener that won't hurt his development. 

Edited by Rags
  • Pie 1
  • Beer 2
  • Flames 2

8 minutes ago, t96 said:

Pretty sure he has them both at LB spots in that post. Brown at NT; Tuttle and YGM starting DEs. Then Burns and Luvu as edge rushers at LB

7 minutes ago, ECHornet said:

That’s where I have them listed. Just showing how I think the front looks with those two at OLB

I don't think Derrick Brown goes to nose.

I expect him to be one of the DEs

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2

25 minutes ago, tukafan21 said:

Seriously?!?!

We're giving $13 million guaranteed to a DT nobody has heard of right off the bat in FA?!?!?

Good thing we don't have more important holes out there like WR, TE, CB, DE, LB

Not directed at you personally,, but because guys on The Huddle don’t know him makes everyone shake their head …. Come on,, Let’s let this coaching staff ( it’s not Matt Rhule ) do it’s job at evaluating talent,, not the Huddle 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 5

Just now, OceanPanther said:

Not directed at you personally,, but because guys on The Huddle don’t know him makes everyone shake their head …. Come on,, Let’s let this coaching staff ( it’s not Matt Rhule ) do it’s job at evaluating talent,, not the Huddle 

Has literally nothing to do with the player himself.  But he's a run stuffing big man DT, you can find them in the draft or on cheaper contracts later in FA.

It's more that we have limited FA budget and have other positions of need that we need to land some more impactful players.  I'd just rather not open FA by putting part of that cap space towards a guy we could easily have found a similar level replacement for down the line.

6 minutes ago, tukafan21 said:

Has literally nothing to do with the player himself.  But he's a run stuffing big man DT, you can find them in the draft or on cheaper contracts later in FA.

It's more that we have limited FA budget and have other positions of need that we need to land some more impactful players.  I'd just rather not open FA by putting part of that cap space towards a guy we could easily have found a similar level replacement for down the line.

Having 2 talented run stuffing DEs in a 3-4 helps the entire defense.  We are freeing up our (mostly undersized for the 3-4 linebackers), freeing up our edge rushers (Burns, Luvu, Barno) which will in return make QBs get the ball away quicker giving the CBs less time to have to maintain coverage.  These are the underrated guys we need for our defense to thrive and I think our Evero knows this.  

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1